Riu Caribe (formerly Gran Caribe) ***** AI

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by Steve, Jan 22, 2005.

1. tdtrue

tdtrue Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    We are planing a long weekend at the Riu Caribe 05/04 - 05/07 and I can't wait!! I have read nothing but great reviews about this hotel and I'm so siked!! How's the beach at this hotel?

:sunny:

2. Isabelle

Isabelle Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    the beach is great... lots of room. Theres a volleyball court set up as well.

3. sugarbakerqueen

sugarbakerqueen Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    c u at the caribe on th 26th....save us 2 stools at the pool bar!! :lol:

4. tdtrue

tdtrue Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    6 DAYS AND COUNTING!!!!!!!!!!!

:bigband:

We'll fill you in on the hotel when we get back!! :lotsofmichaelf:

5. Sunnydaze05

Sunnydaze05 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Just booked for July....why can't it be July????????????? :lol:

6. Sunnydaze05

Sunnydaze05 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    tdtrue...yes, please let us know what you find, or post on Steve's new RIU site!!

7. aerobug20

aerobug20 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Riu Caribe Suite

HI,
    I've stayed at the Caribe with my husband and 2 kids the last 2 July's. This July I'm thinking of upgrading to a suite. Does anbody have any recommendations on which one to ask for? Also I'd like to see some real pics of the suite, not ones posted by travel companies, they're just not good pictures.
    Thanks, will be there July 20-27th! Can't wait! I book this trip about 9 months in advance every year!

8. tdtrue

tdtrue Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Okay everyone.....20 hours til' we leave for Cancun!!! I'll post pics when I get back of Riu Caribe and give a full update!

Oh my...no sleep tonight!!!

:beerdrink:

:bigband: :bigwave:

9. tdtrue

tdtrue Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Just returned from Riu Caribe yesterday.... :(

It was so worth it. For those of you who are planning on staying at this hotel, we highly recommend it!!! There is a ton of activities that are planned daily and really good shows every night. The room was very clean and our view of the ocean & lagoon was very nice. The staff was wonderful and ready to help in anyway possible.

We saw two weddings while we were there and the staff went out of their way to make sure the bride and groom and their guests were accommodated.

There are activities for kids, but I didn't see too many of the little ones running around.

As for the food.....I was not really happy with it. If you did not make dinner reservations for one of the three restaurants by 10:00 A.M. that morning, then you were stuck with the buffet or the pizzeria (by the way was really good). The buffet served the same thing every day and it just was not really good to me. There was not a lot of seafood available. If you call immitation crab meat, muscles and squid good seafood, then they will have plenty of it for you.

If you do happen to make reservations to one of the restaurants, I suggest Gaviatos but be careful of the asian food restaurant, friends of ours were very unhappy with the food there. ( I read the message boards and saw that a lot of people did not recommend it, so I made a point not to eat there.)

The lobby bar is open until like midnight or something and if you're not ready to go to your room for the night, you can go over to the sports bar and hang out with "Aidee". She was very very nice and will hook you up with any drink you want. (by the way, the sports bar is open 24-7)

The pool bar was also a lot of fun. Fernando and Alberto will HOOK YOU UP. That's all I have to say about that......... :daveandmo:

I'll have pics up soon.

---Now it's back to reality for me!!! :?

10. MarlyMar

MarlyMar Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I loved the pool voleyball sessions!! I played twice a day!! :D

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice