Riu Caribe (formerly Gran Caribe) ***** AI

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by Steve, Jan 22, 2005.

1. captnk11

captnk11 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Please post some pics of your trip when you get back, I am planning a trip for four guys in the late 20's early 30's and having a hell of a time trying ot decide between riu cancun, riu carbe, and grand oasis. We will be going sometime in June so if you have any suggestions let me know.
    Later,
    Brad

2. Isabelle

Isabelle Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    not a problem... i'll take lots of pics for you and let you know what the entertainment and resort was like.... 2 more weeks to go :D

3. captnk11

captnk11 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    thanks! Have fun!

4. ettenyl

ettenyl Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    From what my clients have told me, go for the Caribe or the Oasis Grand, since you can use all the Oasis properties when you stay at the Grand, but the Caribe isn't really near the other Riu properties, if I remember correctly.

5. captnk11

captnk11 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    thanks I will keep that in mind

6. Lashy

Lashy Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    riu caribe update

I am scheduled to be there on april 15 thu 29th. Does anyone have any updates since Feb 1st thanks.

7. TheBman

TheBman Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    My parents just returned Sat 18th from RIU Caribe and they said they actually preferred it over the RIU Cancun. Judging by their pictures I can see why. There was WAY more beach at the Caribe and it looked like the grounds were a bit nicer and more spread out as well.

8. Sunnydaze05

Sunnydaze05 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Any Former RIU Caribers

How does the color of the water on the beach compare to say, some of the hotels farther South? I know this sounds like a picky question, and we are far from picky folks...........we usually stay at the Melia Turquesa primarily because of the gorgeous torquoise waters...they have put off booking rooms thru my travel group until 9/1/06. at the Melia.I book thru worryfreevacations and the explanation of the hotel says its bay side.....
    Does anyone that have stayed in both areas see a difference???? All we care about is nice staff, clean rooms, and good drinks ...but the biggy is the beach....we had to stay at the Catalonia after Wilma, which by the way is a heck of a deal, and quaint place, great for snorkeling...but has the blue water..rather that gorgeous torquoise like near the Melia T. We like smaller more laid back hotels compared to the Monster resorts and we are in our late 30's... yes, we party...but not like the breakers do...
    I am contemplating...RIU CARIBE, RIU CANCUN and GOLDEN CROWN.
    Any beach advise ?????????????Thanks guys....Steve this is just the best place ever for Cancun info!!!!!

9. Isabelle

Isabelle Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    The beach and the water is just amazing at the Riu Caribe. I was there just the other week (march 17-24th). Heres a pic overlooking the beach from the pool area. Hope it helps with your decision.

** image removed **

10. Sunnydaze05

Sunnydaze05 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Isabelle..............thanks looks great...thanks for helping me make up my mind!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice