Riu Caribe (formerly Gran Caribe) ***** AI

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by Steve, Jan 22, 2005.

1. andrewrodgers

andrewrodgers Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Got back from 2 weeks at the Riu Caribe on the 23rd..

Can't fault the hotel at all.. really enjoyed my stay there with my girlfriend.

There's lots to choose from in all the restaurants, there is 2 places to go for breakfast and dinner - lunch/tea is either the 1 buffet or the 3 a la carte's to choose from.
    After about 10:30pm you have the Sports bar to get food from - they do snack like burgers, hotdog, sandwiches and nacho's. You can also get any drinks you want in the Sports bar 24hrs a day!

There were some superficial work being done to the hotel when we were there but nothing to spoil our stay. They were starting to make some "umbrella's" on the beach the last few days we were there and also they are doing something with the roof of the restaurant by the pool/beach - think they are going to put a thatch roof on it.

As previously mentioned there is always staff cleaning, sweeping and polishing and always give a friendly "hola" as you go past.

2. Isabelle

Isabelle Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    wow thats great to hear. How was the beach??

3. becky

becky Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    riu caribe

The beach was fine. the area lost a lot of sand during the hurricane. it seemed like this hotel had about the best to offer as far as beach area. we talked to some other couples who were staying at the flamingo and they said they didn't have any beach at all. the water was beautiful at the caribe & they raked the beach every morning while we were there. They had lounge chairs on the beach....sand vollyball and work was in progress to put up the "umbrella" things. you couldn't walk down the beach very far past the hotel, it got rough & was rocky. I do have a few pictures of the pool/ ocean but unsure of how to post them......

4. Isabelle

Isabelle Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    if you want to email them to me.. i can post them for you

5. bexchristiansen

bexchristiansen Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Riu Caribe

Thank you so much,

Have heard conflicting reports about this hotel, we have been moved here (we were originally in the crown paradise). We arrive on the 5th feb and really looking forward to it now i have heard your excellent report.

Can't wait, 2 weeks away from rainy manchester....see you soon cancun! :D

bex

6. andrewrodgers

andrewrodgers Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Re: Riu Caribe

I met a few people from the UK who were supposed to be staying at the Crown Paradise and had been moved to the Riu Caribe..

Must admit all the reviews I've seen of the hotel have been good and you won't be disappointed.

7. sunshinedrive

sunshinedrive Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi bexchristansen. My wife and i (24/27) are also arriving at the Riu Caribe on the 5th too! Also from Manchester for two weeks. It's our 1 YR anniversary on the 5th so big celebration!!!!!
    See you there!
    bob

8. omahairishfan

omahairishfan Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Feb 8th - 15th

Just booked today. Last minute deal out of Kansas City, Hubby & I are All excited

Debby :D

9. TheBman

TheBman Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    My parents just booked the Caribe for March 11-18
    Apparently they got some crazy ass deal

10. Isabelle

Isabelle Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    well i just booked for this resort today... i'll be there March 17-24th... can't wait :D

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice