Riu Cancun Review

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by Liz, Sep 20, 2005.

1. jenyfyrlyn

jenyfyrlyn Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    RIU Cancun: Awesome!!!

I hope that this will help other travelers... I returned from the RIU Cancun on 2/12/06 and I have to say that it was incredible, probably the best place you can go to in Cancun right now. My friend and I travelled up the hotel zone thinking "Oh my God, I hope our hotel isn't like these." We arrived at the RIU and discovered that we were at one of the best hotels Cancun had to offer. The beaches were amazing and the food was incredible... I have traveled to Mexico three times before and have usually gone back about 10 pounds lighter, but the RIU had the best food and I actually ATE in Mexico!!!! That is almost unheard of! I loved it and I would recommend this place to anyone... Everyone says that the beds are hard as can be, but I can tell you that on my first night there I slept like a baby and was in bed by ten o'clock. Could have been cause I was drunk, but I never had a neck cramp the entire trip. I will definetely go back, and if you are a spring breaker this is absolutely worth the money. I'm no hotel critic, but unless you are, you will love it! Have fun and be safe, Jenni

2. CuteCanuck

CuteCanuck Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanks Jenni, this is my first trip to Cancun and the we are staying at the Riu...I am pretty excited and I love hearing how wonderful of a hotel it is...gets me more hyped!

3. Optimum08

Optimum08 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    out of curiosity...does anyone know how strict the Riu is for breakers wanting to bring back others to their rooms who aren't staying at the Riu?

4. Liz

Liz Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    There is easy beach access with no security:wink:

5. Optimum08

Optimum08 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    haha even better...man i don't think i can get anymore excited for this trip...

6. Optimum08

Optimum08 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    another quick question...what kind of outlets does the Riu Cancun have? American or European? just so we get there and don't have a place to charge the digi cam etc.

7. TheBman

TheBman Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    There is access to the public beach close by...but security still walks up and down. I had an encounter with security that wasn't the prettiest :)

The security in the hotel were strict about guests as well. They wanted to charge a day's fee if you took someone back. I think it was 100US they asked for if I remember correctly.

8. ettenyl

ettenyl Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    hehehe

I want to hear about BMan's encounter with security,as long as it involves a juicy story!! :p

9. Optimum08

Optimum08 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    anything about the types of outlets?

10. Liz

Liz Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I have no idea what kind of outlets where used. It is a new hotel though so you would think that they would make them compatible to us and europe if that is possible.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice