Riu Cancun Review

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by Liz, Sep 20, 2005.

1. Liz

Liz Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    [​IMG]

You can see the Riu Cancun from almost anywhere in Cancun, it is HUGE.
    Some of the hotels on the outside have chipped paint and look a little run down and are still rated 4 star hotels. The Riu Cancun is in top notch condition.

The lobby is goregous and well air conditioned. They give you tasty fruit juice before taking you to your room. The front desk speaks excellent english and are extremley helpfull. We had trouble dialing the US from our room and they let us call for free from the lobby. But beware it is 3.00 per minute to make long distance phone calls and it adds up quick.

The rooms were very nice. The beds were kind of hard, but the pillows were really soft and with the sound of the ocean I had no trouble falling
    asleep. The bathroom is huge and has a shower cap, shampoo, blow dryer and our room also had a ironing board. Their are ceiling fans above the bed which really help when you have a sunburn. The mini bar was restocked every day with huge bottles of water, 7 up, bottled pepsi and pepsi lite and of course Corona. Their were four types of alcohol in the liquor dispenser. THEY HAD CUERVO 1800 now thats quality. I was too scared and didn't hit the 1800 till the last night.

The balcony was my favorite part of the room!!!!
    [​IMG]

Here is another view [​IMG]

The food at the Riu was very good. The buffet did get repetitive but there were always way too many choices which can be hard for indecisive people. Here is our lunch.
    [​IMG]

We also tried Kawachi which was the Japanese restaurant. The food was pretty good and the sushi was excellent. This was my first time to try sushi. They also have a brazillan restaurant but we never made reservations but heard it was good.

The pools were great they have a quiet pool which I checked out once it was very nice but too quiet. They have an activity pool and we played water volleyball and my brother got in on the belly smacker contest. They have lounge chairs in the pool that are very refreshing to lay out in. Our favorite was the pool bar.

[​IMG]
    You can take artistic photos at the pool bar

[​IMG]

For those that like to people watch their are lots of topless sunbathers on the beach and around the pool.

One of the infinity pools, you can see Isla Mujeres very well from this pool.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

This is Ivan at La Punta bar making me a rose. The staff here are excellent they make you feel very welcome. I loved everything about this hotel. The food, pools, entertainment, staff, apperance and rooms were the best. I want to go back so bad!!!!!!

[​IMG]

2. Shiela

Shiela Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    :D Thanks for the review and pictures!! The pictures really bring back memories of our trip in August to Riu Cancun!!! I can hardly wait to return next April :!: :!: :!:

Shiela

3. janie

janie Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    :clap: APPLAUSE! APPLAUSE! APPLAUSE! :clap:

Love your pics, your view was fantastic!

Glad you loved the Riu ... (we did, too!)

4. Matty

Matty Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanks Liz for takin the time to let us know the deal & puttin up them photos to give us more of an idea,good onya mate!Free juice when ya rock up?Now that's service!It all sounded good anyway :D

5. blondie1972

blondie1972 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Great report and photos~ Thanks!

6. Isabelle

Isabelle Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Great pics.... its making me crave to go back now. I really enjoyed my stay there.

7. TheBman

TheBman Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Can't wait to go back in March...I had a blast there!

8. Optimum08

Optimum08 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    just curious...but if its all inclusive, the liqour in the liquor dispensers is not charged right? just like the stuff in the mini-fridge correct?

9. Liz

Liz Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thats correct the liquor in the dispensors and the pop and water in the fridge are all included. :D

10. marcpea29

marcpea29 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Riu Cancun

Just got back a few days ago. I enjoyed the Riu Cancun, definitely worth the price. A few observations...the all inclusive is a great deal, especially with the corona, tequila, soda, etc in the room available at all times. The food is very bland, with the exception of the restaurants. Problem is, getting reservations for the restaurants entails you getting up EARLY! The "shows" they have at "La Mision" bar are extremely cheesy, like a Spanish language variety show. However, all in all, the hotel is nice, and would recommend it.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice