Riu Cancun ***** AI

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by Steve, Jan 22, 2005.

1. chaz517

chaz517 Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    testing my avatar. gorgeous hotel though, especially in person

2. ShhhhShaaa

ShhhhShaaa Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Me and a girlfriend stayed there for 2 weeks at the end of November... amaaaazing time!! Especially the Animacion staff, it's insane how much work they do to make your stay better. If you want more details on what it was like feel free to e-mail me. But I would highly recommend the Riu Cancun to ANYONE (singles, couples, retirees, families).
    :D

3. screech

screech Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    11-aug-08

hay

a few of us are flying from northeast england on the 11-aug-08 how els will be there then

4. jayhawk_couple1988

jayhawk_couple1988 Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Riu Cancun advice

For those who have stayed at the Riu Cancun, would you opt for the standard Ocean View room or upgrade a bit to the Junior Suite? The difference is only about $400 for a seven-night stay.

Besides space, what is better about the Junior Suites.

Also, are there any floors you want to avoid?

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.

5. Matt (the Travel Agent)

Matt (the Travel Agent) Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    a junior suite isnt really worth the money although they are a little bigger. Aviod the 2nd floor of the 15 story tower. The 2nd floor rooms have gotten broken into then when you walk in and someone is in your room they run out the balconies door and jump onto the roof of the 2 story junior suite building and then they dissappear into lala land. I know this for fact and im sure others have heard this before. The Riu Cancun is my favorite hotel in Cancun and I have stayed there the last 2 times i was in Cancun.

6. Ben1553

Ben1553 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Can't wait to come to Riu again...Staying 4/6-4/13. Jayhawk, I would avoid the 5th floor of the annex....although almost every single room in this resort affords beautiful views, the 5th floor annex has a large ledge that might obscure your view somewhat. I've been staying here for a few years and have always had good experiences with the Annex building.

7. Isabelle

Isabelle Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Its a beautiful resort, i've only been once, but i would go back in a heart beat.

If your staying in the main bldg, make sure your at least 4 floors and up. You get a much better view. There was 3 of us to a room in the main bldg and we though it was plenty big... its not like your there much anyway.

8. CancunRedheadgirl

CancunRedheadgirl Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    The beach

Can anyone tell me how the beach is at the Riu Cancun.. thinking about booking, but want to make sure the big is great. Also, so they have activities going on at the pool during the day at least? Anything anyone else can tell me would be much appreciated!

9. Ben1553

Ben1553 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    The beach is Great! Have to hit it early though. The main building starts to block the sun at around 4pm (between March and June at least). The building shadow affects the pools moreso than the beach. There are a few pools one quiet, one pool bar pool, and then the activity pool. The activity people at the pools during the daytime are great and get everyone involved.

10. screech

screech Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    11Aug .

am stoping here form the 11Aug is any one eles stoping here??

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice