Riu Cancun ***** AI

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by Steve, Jan 22, 2005.

1. insaneface

insaneface Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    well i never had a problem with no suit and tie i guess the worst i seen was no shorts and i think no t-shirts but usually when you arrive they are not that picky but to be on the safe side pack a shirt with a collar and some dress pants and you should be ok

2. Tango from Toronto

Tango from Toronto Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0

You are a tad late on your advice, as they already went and came back according to their dates of travel :)

3. Venom

Venom Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    WOW,

only 4 days left for your trip???

I would be bouncing off the walls!!! I usually have trouble sleeping about a week before my trips.

4. brerspidur

brerspidur Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    jr suite

is the jr suite worth the extra money?

5. ChitownKaye

ChitownKaye Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi!

We've stayed at RIU Caribe once and RIU Cancun twice. It's obvious that we prefer RIU Cancun overall and it has a better location. We thought the junior suite in the Annex to be the best location at RIU Cancun. We were on the 4th floor and had a terrific view of the activity pool, beach, and sea. The annex puts you closer to the water than the high rise and is right next to the disco.

We thought it was worth the extra money for the junior suite (but not a necessity - the regular rooms are nice, too!) The junior suite is just like the rest of the rooms except that after the beds you step down a couple of stairs into another room with a sofa and T.V. and then out to the balcony. The sofa would make into another pull out bed if needed. We enjoyed the extra space.

Enjoy RIU Cancun! We would stay there again in a heartbeat - had soooo much fun! Terrific entertainment staff.

Kaye

6. Dookie Drawers

Dookie Drawers Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Sweet! I was there last May, and will also be there March 6-13. See you soon. I loved the place! :lol:

7. Dookie Drawers

Dookie Drawers Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Re: Heading to RIU Cancum in two weeks

Unfortunately the gym is the only part of the resort that sucks. It has a few run down nautilis machines, leaves a lot to be desired, but the rest of the resort is fabulous!

8. lanceroz

lanceroz Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Very very nice hotel!!!!

Just got back from the Riu-Cancun! And wish I was still there! It is a very nice and clean place! The staff are always friendly, and helpful. Pools are nice the beaches are awesome! But there are quite a few rocks once you get out a little ways, so watch out for those. Quite a few fish as well right out from the hotel, so make good use of the snorkel equipment, but you only get it for one hour! I would NOT recommend this place to spring breakers or any group of guys/girls looking to get lucky. 95% of the people were couples. It is a very romantic place to take your other half, but not a place to hook up with someone! :)

The only two things I didn't like about the place is, all of the darn door slamming from people not closing their balcony doors and closing the main door without holding it! Every 10 minutes BANG... BANG... Very annoying! And second the food is not all that good! Every thing tastes the same! The first few days isn't too bad, but it gets really sickening after a while! So we just crossed the road and ate at Subway, a little pricey but at least the food stayed in you for more than a half hour :)!

And expect to tip every so often at all the bars there. It's not required, but they will remember you next time you are there and help other people first. So either get two at a time or tip say every two or three drinks and is should get you buy! The one thing I really enjoyed about the hotel is LOCATION! Can't get any better! Everything is within a quick walk, from all the dance clubs (The City, Dady O's, Coco Bongo, Carlos and Charlies, Hard Rock Café, Senor Frogs, The Bulldog, Dady rock and so on). And places to eat like Hooters/TGI Fridays and the shops they're everywhere. I would recommend shopping in the mall instead of the shops outside. They really hassle you every single time! "hey man, check out my store, I got what you need." I heard that at least a 1000 times in a matter of 7 days... Oh and the prices for the Party Hopper are $55 usd, that was the best I could do. I got that price at the mall right across the street from the hotel! The Jungle Tour, we got that for $25 plus 5 dollar deposit. So always talk the people down as much as you can. Just like buying a car, if they don't take the price you offer walk away and they'll change their mind and give it to you!

And yes they do have some wine at certain bars... :D :D

9. barnstyke

barnstyke Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hola

We stayed at the Riu Cancun last may 06 and enjoyed it so much we are heading back again in may 07. I can never understand it when people say they get bored of the food after a few days, are you guys for real. The Don Juan restaurant has many serving stations with lots of different food and "tastes". Even though they had a couple of speciality restaurants, we found the Don Juan restaurant had everything we wanted. Our favourite section was the meat carving station, where they had a roast on every night. They had different roasts of beef and pork and our favourite was the roast sirloin joint which was cut to the thickness we wanted. Most nights had a different theme, from Asian to Mexican. We loved the food and found something to our tastes every day, even when we were there for two weeks. The only thing that was a little bland was the sweets but the wonderful ice-cream more than made up for it. Just go with a open mind and try different things and you’ll be fine.

Enjoy Daz.

10. Candice

Candice Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Riu Cancun 9/22/07-9/29/07

Anyone traveling to this hotel during these dates?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice