Riu Cancun ***** AI

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by Steve, Jan 22, 2005.

1. Liz

Liz Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    The Riu Cancun is closer to the party zone and it is a VERY nice hotel. But, I am sure the caribe is nice too.

2. Matt (the Travel Agent)

Matt (the Travel Agent) Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    great hotel

I stayed at the Riu Cancun from March 19-26, I am a Travel Agent and have heard many good things about this hotel and they are true, I have been to Cancun 4 times and have stayed at the Royal Solaras, Oasis, El pueblito, and the Miramar Mision, the Riu was the best hotel that i have stayed at so far.
    Beach: the beach was very nice but there were a few rocks that probaly arose due to the hurricane, Lets say i would be a bit scared to body surf and get thrown into one of the rocks but other wise the setup was very nice.
    Pools- the pools are awesome there are numerous infinity pools that are just the perfect temperature
    Hotel- the hotel is very elegant, there have a few very nice cathedral ceilings, the grounds are very well kept, the only complaint was that the beds were hard but that didnt really matter to me because i slept out on the balcony every night. The mini bar in the room is very convienant but when there is a bar open 24-7 who needs a minibar,although we poured a shot of tequila out of the dispensor in the room and didnt drink it because it smelled like a mix between rubbing alcohol and peroxide.
    Restaurants-The restaurants are excellant although we did not try the brazilian restaurant because we heard the meat was a little dry and you know how i am with my dry meat, the japanese restaurant was very good although the service was a little slow, The Don Juan Buffet was the biggest and most wide ranged assortment of food that i have ever encountered. From a whole salmon to pick from to hamburguesas to pasta to fresh meat and shell fish such as mussels and everything you could possibly dream of consuming they it. lets just say we ate their the most. The steak house La Mission was also very good at dinner they would cook you a steak to order or shishkabob or chicken or sausage and even a ton fish.
    Bars- the service at the bars was great, at many of the other resorts that i have stayed at they would look away if you didnt have a tip in hand but here you get just as good of service if you did or didnt have a tip for them although i always tip, the bar named el faro is the best bar i thought it is outside of the main lobby and i became good friends with a bartender named Elias he will take care of you he works from mon -sat from 9-6 if you go this bar and see him ask him to tell you the story about his friend matt believe me it will be a good one, ne way we took a ride with him around downtown cancun and he showed us the poverty and just how sadly these people have to live he will go above and beyond his job to make you a drink just ask him to try Purple Drank tell him i told ya so, all the bars are great but he made my trip
    All in all the Riu Cancun was a 5 star hotel and is worth it all day long i will advise any of my clients who would like to travel to Cancun to try this hotel with no hesitation.

3. lv2travl

lv2travl Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    We stayed at the RIU Cancun from March 19 - 26 as well, and had an awesome time. This is a GREAT resort and by far, the best we've stayed at in Cancun......we've been there 9 times! We agree with everything Matt had to say and would like to add that the staff are exceptionally accomodating and oh so friendly. We hit up the shows most every night and found them very entertaining.

We cannot wait to go back next year!! Kamikaze shots all round!!!

4. Danielle

Danielle Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Is there a difference in room size between the annex and main building?

5. captnk11

captnk11 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    we just booked for the riu cancun from July 23th to the 28th.

6. Ed Bailey

Ed Bailey Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Heading to RIU Cancum in two weeks

The hotel states that they have a gym. Is it adequate to workout in?
    I'm also a wine drinker, it there wine available at the bars?
    Thanks, Ed

7. Steve

Steve Administrator Owner

Ratings:
    +7,194 / 14
    We also have a Riu dedicated forum over at RiuChat.info, heres the link:

http://www.riuchat.info/forum/index.php

It is a little quiet on posts but there are at least 50 people a day visiting, so I guess they just need something to talk about!

8. Michael F.

Michael F. Moderator/1st CC Member Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0

9. Patricia72

Patricia72 Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Best and Worst Floors/rooms

Are there floors in the resort/annex that we should avoid? Same question for the rooms, are they all the same anyways?

Are we allowed to call the hotel ourselves and book our room, or do we have to wait till we get there and do it at the front desk? Or is it best to call our travel agent and have her call Sunquest?

I want the best view! :)

10. Jeepers385

Jeepers385 Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    We will be visiting from 11/4/06 to 11/11/06 and am interested in knowing if you need a jacket & tie when making reservations to the speciality restaurants.

thanks Deb

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice