Riu Cancun ***** AI

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by Steve, Jan 22, 2005.

1. shag

shag Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Re: Any answers?

Hey Kat!

There are many things to do at the Riu cancun. One pool, the so called "poolbar" is great fun in the afternoon because everyone is enjoying life en drinking cocktails there. Always friendly people around.

There's also another pool where sports activities take place each day. Like waterpolo, watervolleyball and stuff like that. On the beach is a place to volleybal as well which is really nice. The beach isn't big, but big enough to relax / walk on. One negative thing is that there aren't that many beachchairs around. If you want some, you should wake up earlie and drop your towel on some of them. It ain't a friendly way, but everyone is doing it and it's the only way of getting a good beachchair in the afternoon. BUT: This might be improved, last time I been there was in august last year. For the rest it's free to go kayakking, snorkling, sailing (little catamaran, really easy to do) and stuff like that. I am sure you will enjoy. What period will you be going?

Have fun!
    Shag

2. CancunRedheadgirl

CancunRedheadgirl Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Riu Cancun

Hey Shag,

Thanks for filling me in! I will be going the first week og June... not soon enough..

Anyone going to be in the area this same time???

3. shag

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    No thanks kat,

I hope you enjoy!!! :D

4. KYLEE

KYLEE Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hello.... I just returned from the Rui yesterday, there are still tears in my eyes :( ... We had a great time. The resort it beautiful, food was great Fernando at the pool bar it outstanding, as well as Jesus in the Show Room Bar... HAPPY HOUR ALL DAY LONG...... The beach is small along the resort where the pools are but then gets larger on the far left side. Plenty of loungers but the other poster was correct. Lots of people get their towels early and reserve there chair, which most people respect. You will have a wonderful time. It is very clean, the help is pleasant, and very helpful. We met severly great people, you will have a great time.

5. azcouple

azcouple Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    RIU Bars

My wife and I are going to be here around the 4th of July. Are the drinks included in the sports bar and nightclub at the RIU? What about at the other RIU properties nearby? We are looking forward to hanging out at the pool.

6. KYLEE

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Re: RIU Bars

Yes all the drinks are included throughout the propery. We did not visit any of the other Rui's. You will have a great time. We took about $5 a day for tips for the bartenders and we never waited, they would see us come up and the would be mixing our drinks. Make sure you check out the shows that are in the lounge everynight. We had a bartender at the far end of the lounge, he was the best.

Hope you have a great time.

7. azcouple

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Rooms

Thanks for the information Kylee. We will be sure to check out the show and the bars. It sounds like you had a great trip.

Do you or anyone know about the rooms. Are they all Double beds. I didn't see an option of requesting a King?

8. KYLEE

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Re: Rooms

They have two double beds pushed together. Its bigger than a King. Plenty of room. :lol:

9. azcouple

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    We are going to be there this Saturday (4th of July) Anyone else on this board going to be there next week? After reading several of the posts, it sounds like a great place. Is the water in the Swim up Bar area really that bad?

10. shag

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Just got back, stayed in the Riu Cancun for the 4th time (2005, 2007, 2008, 2009) and again had a GREAT time! Can't wait to go back for the 5th time. Miss that place already, everyone is awesome over there and again got to know many new people (mostly from the USA) which was fun !!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice