RIP Chris Benoit

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by Mad-Ad, Jun 26, 2007.

1. Mad-Ad

Mad-Ad Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    For any wrestling fans that didnt know (Fletch mainly) Chris Benoit has been murdered :(

Bye
    Adam

2. DConCT

DConCT CC's SB Godfather Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Looks right now like he killed his family over the weekend, then committed suicide yesterday.

3. Mad-Ad

Mad-Ad Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    suicide?!!! The news over in the UK is a little slow.

Bye
    Adam

4. EngineerGuy

EngineerGuy I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    yep, latest news report was he killed his child and wife on sunday night, then early monday morning he took his own life! Very tragic!

5. whdream

whdream Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Yeah it's all over the Candian News this morning..
    ttp://www.citynews.ca/news/news_12285.aspx

Canadian Wrestler Chris Benoit Found Dead With Family In Suspected Murder-Suicide
    Monday June 25, 2007
    CityNews.ca Staff
    One of Canada's most famous wrestlers has apparently met with a tragic end that also claimed his wife and son.

WWE superstar Chris Benoit, his wife Nancy and seven-year-old son Daniel were found dead in three seperate rooms of their Atlanta home Monday after the 40-year-old missed a Sunday night pay-per-view event. He had travelled home to Georgia for family reasons, but didn't elaborate on what they may have been. Later Monday, local authorities announced they were treating the disovery as a possible murder-suicide, suggesting Benoit killed his wife and son over the weekend before taking his own life Monday..

Benoit was born in Montreal and lived in Edmonton, and was widely considered to be one of the stronger technical wrestlers of all time.

The WWE scrapped Monday's scheduled "Raw" event in favour of a three-hour tribute to the veteran of more than 20 years.

"We at the WWE can only offer our condolences to the extended family of Chris Benoit," said WWE executive Vince McMahon. "The only other thing we can do at this moment is pay tribute to Chris Benoit."

Autopsy results are expected Tuesday.

Photo courtesy Getty Images/Peter Kramer

6. Fletch

Fletch Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    those are all just rumors.....but I've been following this story since it broke yesterday. There have been many different sides to the story, yes one is that he killed his entire family, then himself, others suggest the wife killed the son, and then chris returned home and killed her. ANOTHER story I read is that she killed them both, Chris was found in his weight room which makes me believe that he was a victim. Of course this is all under speculation as of right now, but either way it turns out this is a very sad and unfortunate incident and is going to bother me for a while....RIP Chris

7. Fletch

Fletch Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    also just read that Triple Murder has NOT been ruled out just yet

8. shauny

shauny Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    daaaaaamn

9. Jessie

Jessie Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    He actually is from edmonton! He went to my high school, not the same time as me, lol. They have pictures of him everywhere.

I think it was a murder suicide, they say his friends were recieving crazy text messages from him.

10. whdream

whdream Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Yeah the Wrestling foundation apparently got a text from him saying he wasn't going toshow for the Pay Per View, and that there was something else in the texts that lead them to believe something may be wrong, and they contacted the police to go and check on him..

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice