Ricky Williams Retires

Discussion in 'Free For All' started by Watson, Jul 26, 2004.

?

Do you think Ricky Williams is an idiot?

1. Yes

100.0%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. susieq76

susieq76 Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Michelle

I am not arguing just to argue here but I had to throw in my two cents- now this is on the whole parents issue.

Yes, your parents and mine taught us how to think for ourselves, taught us what is right and wrong and many other good points. I hope to teach my boys the same qualities. Now here comes the however- However, living in New York and growing up in Queens I can assure that is not the case for MOST of the families here. The children in schools these days look up to these athletes, like it or not. The parents or in most cases Parent is not teaching them anything worth while and they idolize and most often hope to become these athletes in order to change their current status in life. They do not look toward education, they do not trust police (whom they should) what they do is look toward these "stars"- athletes, movie and the like.

So unfortunately these athletes have a responsibility, like it or not. The responsibility is not to keep playing- it is to "retire" or quit the right way. To not screw your team, your coach and the people who have been paying your salary- the fans. It is a responsibility to say "I'm sorry I just can't do it anymore" if that is the case and not stick you middle finger up at everyone figuretively and say "people in tin huts have it simple- I want to do that- oh and smoke my grass in peace"

Just my view on it

2. Michael F.

Michael F. Moderator/1st CC Member Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
  3. Watson

Watson Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I found that somewhat funny Michael.
    I also think you like to stir the pot. :wink:

4. Michael F.

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Stirring the pot even further [​IMG]...
    http://msn.foxsports.com/story/2704288

Ricky should just stay out of football. You don't dump a team and the league (retirement), and then come back and say, "Weeeeell, maybe money is important." My thought is, he should keep his head straight and pursue other interests that keep him away from the limelight just like he prefers.

5. Watson

Watson Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    8.6 mil. :shock: I'm thinking he'd rather pay the league fine for the third drug offense. I think it was in the tune of $650,000. My guess is he'll pay the drug fine, take the year off for the suspension (though Miami will probably curtail his travels - especially from tin huts :wink: ), then he'll come back to play one more year. I'm thinking it's the only way he'll be allowed to keep his last 2 years worth of incentives and salary. From everything I've read and to quote Chris Berman, "Ricky lost the number". Under his contract, he has no rights to the incentives for the last 2 years.
    RICKY - PIECE OF ADVISE - :announce: FIRE YOUR AGENT

6. Michael F.

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Maybe we're talking about a portable tin hut. You know...Reynold's wrap? [​IMG]

7. Michael F.

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
  8. Jamie

Jamie Mayor of Temptation Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,168 / 5
    Maybe that's why he's been living in the Australian Outback for a while, to get used to living on nothing with nothing. :roll:

Jamie

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice