*revised* FLORIDA INVASION - MIAMI??

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by DConCT, Apr 2, 2007.

1. DConCT

DConCT CC's SB Godfather Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    woo

2. btodde

btodde Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    let me just warn you about Miami. We really liked it, but South Beach is actually kind of dirty and smelly. Maybe not Ocean Drive, but Collins and Washington Streets aren't so nice.

There are homeless people everywhere, the smell coming out of the sewers are terrible.

We loved the night clubs if you can afford to get in. We paid $30/person and then beers and mixed drinks are expensive. 1 beer and 1 mix drink was over $20 and tip. Very Very expensive. Most bars will cost you $8.00 for a beer.

We ended up going to the local Amoco and bought a case of budlight for $17.00 and got drunk before we went out.

Also the beach is not soft. you will need sandals. It is like standing on concrete with sand on top of it.

just from our experience. But hey down town was awesome. by the Miami Heat stadium. All kinds of malls and places to eat that is not as expensive. Also there is a Bubba Gumps down town.

Sorry for the negative report.

3. hw711

hw711 Moderator/Dance Machine Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I never thought South Beach was smelly. But then again, I am from NYC.

4. CancunChica

CancunChica Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I agree that some of the streets have a sewage smell and are dirty, esp. in the Washington Ave area, where all the clubs are. But I guess I dont let it bother me when i go cuz i'm usually drunk and having fun.
    Ocean Drive is pretty clean though and so is the beach. As with any big metropolitan city, yes there are homeless people there.

South Beach is not cheap by any means. You can get good hotel and air deals, but clubs are pricey to get into unless you have a connection. If not, getting a table with 2 bottles is the best bet for example if you go to Mansion rather than paying $30 at the door and shelling out another $60 for drinks. I guess I'm just used to the prices, a cosmo martini at the Shore Club is about $15 and maybe $18 at the Delano. And if you go to Club B.E.D, a diet coke is $7, crazy I know. But I guess it depends on where you go. The beach bars along Ocean Drive have some specials and they won't be as expensive as the velvet rope type clubs.

5. DConCT

DConCT CC's SB Godfather Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    It's always give and take.

But it's Florida on the beach. We shall do good work.

:D

6. btodde

btodde Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    I forget which clubs we went too, but the 1st place we went to when we got into south beach was an outdoor bar on Ocean Drive. ordered 6 beers then we were going to check out other places. Our bill was $48.00. That is 6 beers.

I guess your right about big metropolis cities. We went to HollyWood, CA a few years ago and checked out Sunset Blvd. It wasn't as nice as you see on tv. Alot of homeless people there too. Street was dirty, even by the hollywood walk of fame.

My favorite place in Florida? ClearWater... Beautiful City.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice