Review

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by desire-66, Apr 23, 2009.

1. desire-66

desire-66 Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Anyone who is going for the first time to Los Cabos, when you land and get into airport, go directly outside passing all the guys "trying" to help you. They are very aggressive, even worse then in Cancun.

We stayed in room 328, almost a perfect location, close to the pool. It is the farthest away from Construction and the lounge so was very very quiet..

The weather was perfect when we were there. The drinks are made with premium liquor and have a good kick to them, unlike Temptations in Cancun.

The pool games during the day were quite lame and Cancun is way better entertainment. The activity staff try to do the best they can but the resort is really small isn't easy to get people to do anything, as the same people are playing the games everyday.

We found the food here quite a bit better then Cancun and you don't have to wait in line every morning to get a reservation.. The lunch cook by the pool is the best, we gave him the biggest tip of anyone there.

The jacuzzi lounge is a lot of fun and we spend at least a couple hours everyday there.

Since the resort is so small you see the same people in the same spots everyday. I will let you decide whether that is a good thing or a bad thing.

The music around the pool is way better then Cancun, they actually play music and not techno most of the day.

We found most people drank hard during the day and since it was so hot out, the night time fun was pretty quiet. The disco was never very full.

We did like the resort and it was a way easier flight for us to get there. If we had to choose between this resort and Cancun , we would most definitely pick Cancun. We prefer the wilder people and times that just weren't happening in Los Cabos.

2. dominus

dominus Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanks for the report. Perhaps enough people can change the attitude there a bit.

3. Craig5867

Craig5867 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanks for the report guys! We're making our second trip to Cabos in 3 weeks :lotsofmichaelf: we loved Cancun but Cabos was a nice change. Was Chinos not there??? Hard to believe he couldn't get the crowd involved.

4. desire-66

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Yes Chinos was there. Can only do so much if the crowd doesn't want to do the games..

5. vkandjk

vkandjk Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanks for the objective TR. We have put off the Cabos trip until we have seen enough positive TR's. Thus far, it seems that the temptations Cancun has the more lively atmosphere. Maybe in a year or two Cabos will have more of a wild, party scene. We are heading to Temptation in Cancun towards the end of next week.

6. desire-66

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    I honestly don't think it's a big enough resort to have a really wild atmosphere.(not enough people can be there) It was a perfect size for a Desire, not so sure about a place like Temptations. IF you want a nice adults only relaxing holiday with good people that is a great place. If you want a big party place then Cancun is more for you I think..

7. vkandjk

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Good point Desire-66! We just figured that it being Temptations that most of the people going would be the wild party animals that you find at Cancun Temptations. Guess we were hoping for a smaller scale version of the wild party atmosphere of the one in Cancun.

I can understand why it worked well as a Desire resort. Small and intimate works well in those kind of settings :D

8. dominus

dominus Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    small party with the right people trumps big party with the wrong people. It's all about the folks who show up.

9. vkandjk

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I agree dominus. I was curious since the change from Desire what percentage of the hotel is at capacity? Would be cool if it was 80% full with party people. I guess that could be a post to make. I have not seen that information from people coming back in their TR. Love to know if the place is hoping or if it is slow since changing over from Desire.

10. desire-66

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    When we were there the first four days it was at 100% capacity, the last three days it was at 60%. When it was 100% at capacity is didn't seem busy to be honest.

Not sure if people go there to find other lifestyle people or just to party. If going to find other lifestyle people, it seemed to big of an effort for us.

I would suggest different coloured tags upon arrival, at least you would know who to approach about the subject and not offend anyone..

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice