Review Sites

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by deeka, Feb 7, 2007.

1. deeka

deeka Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Can you folks post some links to popular US holiday review sites please.

Just read some on Tripadvisor.com about the Barcelo Costa Cancun (formerly Gran Costa Real). Some of the reports are poor.

They've planted 30 palm trees on an already small beach! They don't play music at the pool or beach and the general service has went down.

And someone claims aa member of staff said they were making the hotel for "Grandmas' and Grandpas". :cry:

2. Fletch

Fletch Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
  3. Klaw

Klaw Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
  4. whdream

whdream Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I was just at the Costa, this past Spring break. What you wanna know? :cool:

5. deeka

deeka Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I was there in June. I'm worried that 2 of the latest 4 reviews about the hotel are bad. Last year the bad reviews were because it was too noisy and stuff. So I was please by them.

This year it's because it's poor service with no music.

I'm getting the impression the new owners are trying to make it more suitable for older people. They'll get a fright when my twenty mates turn up!!!

6. whdream

whdream Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Well I found that the entertainment staff wasn't very visable during the days. You really only saw them when they were trying to sell you the wrist bands for the clubs.....

And outta the 4 other times I have been to Cancun I think i can say it wasn't the most busiest during the day, not as much going onkinda thing...

7. EngineerGuy

EngineerGuy I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0

Seems to me that tripadvisor, while a good information website, their reviews of hotels are HORRIBLE! Each year I have stayed in a different hotel, and I checked out tripadvisor each year. Nothing but bad reviews, but when I got to the hotel, everything was GREAT! So, I wouldnt really go by anything the people from that site say!

8. whdream

whdream Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Yeah best way to check and see something is see a hotel where you yourself have stayed before and go back adn see what people ahd to say about it, and see what yu agree with. I always do that.

Yeah some people will trash a place in the revies sections cause their bed was hard, or that the staff didn't speak well enough english. These things clearly are silly.

9. deeka

deeka Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Aye. I'm probably worrying over nothing.

GGot some good news today anyway. Getting a decent bonus at work..so my trip to vegas is October is paid for!!!

Viva las vegas

10. whdream

whdream Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    NO VEGAS...ONLY CANCUN LOL

Well congrats on that :lol:

I wouldn't worry about it, the hotel was nice, and clean and the food was good..I am sure you would have had fun no matter where you went!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice