returning to the u.s.

Discussion in 'Living in Cancun' started by johndish, Feb 1, 2007.

1. TraceyUk

TraceyUk Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 1
    Good Luck to you and family.
    Well done with house.
    Tracey
    x

2. johndish

johndish Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Well we arrived last Friday. Decided to drive from Miami to Orlando as my parents met us their with our new mini van... well a 2000 with only 28000 miles on it..

Made it through immigration my wife has a 6 month visa now we have to start the whole process... ouch...

We are staying at a timeshare called Orange Lake country Club. Quite nice has 3000 units 4 golf courses but, no in room internet...

I am leaving for London today, yolanda will be staying in Cocoa beach this week with my folks.

We have been frantically searching for housing and I fell in love with a new construction project in the country, the sticks etc.. great price but was a minimum of 7 month wait for construction..

we made an offer on a house in my old neighborhood. market has taken a dip so it is a whole lot less than it would have been a year ago....

Financing was so easy i had forgotten... i applied at 9 over the phone and by ten was approved.. should no more soon..

anyway thanks for all who came by before we left and will update you again soon.

by the way whoever says groceries are expensive in cancun are crazy.. so expensive here...

3. RiverGirl

RiverGirl Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    John - Thanks for the update. Good to hear how things are going. Our grocery bill dropped by a third when we moved here from the States. Good luck with buying a house, we will expect photos!!!

4. R.I. GAL

R.I. GAL Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Orange Lake is beautiful....we have stayed there many times....be sure to visit the water slide :D

Glad to hear everything is going well :!:

5. Jim in Cancun

Jim in Cancun Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I will be staying a couple of blocks from there (Mango Keys) when I am there for ARDA.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice