Returned from 8 nights .... We're Repeaters: Issues at TTR

Discussion in 'Temptation Resort Reviews' started by Funcutecoupleli, Jun 13, 2013.

1. breezesfan

breezesfan Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Which head??

2. Jess_2703

Jess_2703 I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +621 / 0
    I take huge precaution when is the flu season here.. My bf got asthma so when have a cold he feel life shit for like 3 weeks.

So before I live ( 1 week before ) Take Vitamins C. Pack, Pepto, Gravol, Advil, Vitamins C, hand sanitize, Tums and my own bubba.

Each time I got to the restroom I wash my hand. When I exit the pool directly go to the shower, don't put my hand in my face after touching anything ( chair, counter are the worst place for Germs. ) Also, I wash my face with facial soap. and everything is fine.

I never, never put my toothbrush on the washroom counter. Always in the plastic cover.
    I wash the table right beside the bed before to put anything on it. Wash the toilette bowl with lysol and the door handle.

Yep it take like 30 min. But I prefer to loose 30 min at the pool to get sick for the week !

3. annie1014

annie1014 Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I'm a first timer, was there Oct 8-15 with my sister for a girls birthday trip. There were a number of single men but none of them behaved badly. Everyone was so respectful and awesome that I'm already planning my trip for next October! Even if I have to go alone, I'm going! It was that great. I think they probably let some bad apples in that time, and from what I've heard it isn't at all the norm. No one should have to deal with that shit on vacation!!
    As for the sickness, everyone during my stay was fine except once I had mild queasiness, and that was brief.. and uneventful if you know what I mean. I think that was just from the food/water Mexico style. Nothing that stopped me from having an awesome time! Probably nothing a good probiotic couldn't take care of next trip..
    I think it's a great idea to Lysol the place down and sanitize whatever possible, and I will definitely do that next trip, but whatever bug was going around, it was not there in October.
    I hope that makes some of you feel better, and if not meet up with me in October!!!

4. aguapink

aguapink Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    hi .. i agree with you its going down very quickly.
    i bought there several years ago and usually go 2 or more times a year, this November was terrible.
    i was sick (uti) my brother got sick with a gi bug the hotel manager threatened to charge him extra for clean sheets due to illness. the owner closed the seafood restaurant so he could have a private party . i always stay on the quiet side obviously for the quiet. his party went on till after 2 in the morning. also the owner had friends with children wondering around the resort during the day. many of the guests where walking around and where made to feel very uncomfortable . just the lack of maintenance is deplorable . many many rooms had issues with toilets leaking. when i was there in march we complained about the mold issues. its a shame its a great concept but obviously the owners dont care anymore . i attempted at least 6 times to address issues with hotel management , tried to have a meeting with the owner rodrigue i thing or its roberto who never even made an attempt to talk to me . the hotel manager actually offered me a free 50 minute massage if i would agree to not complain. obviously i walked down the beach and payed for my own massage .. i wouldn't advise anyone to go there . its not the food its not the staff its the owner and his managers.. JoAnn Conti

5. dudley & piggy

dudley & piggy Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 0
    come on down jan 30th we havent had any of those problems !!!

6. Pat&Jen

Pat&Jen Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +76 / 0
    Wow! We had the same experiences. My wife got sick on the 6th day and complained each morning about the air in our room.
    The single guys are a giant pain in the ass. I had similar talks with multiple groups of singles, all just trying to score.
    Thanks for posting, this was our first time and share a lot of the same concerns.

7. $parkie7

$parkie7 June Junkie Sponsor Registered Member

Ratings:
    +908 / 0
    I was there last June 14-24. I did not get sick, but my husband had a few days of stomach issues. What hit TTR was not isolated to TTR. It was at other resorts and also in the USA. Actually, the US was hit pretty badly with it. It was cyclospora that was being found mostly in lettuce. The sickness can last up to 3 months even with treatment. We knew what we were up against before we left the US.

I have always had the rule, "Don't eat it if it's not cooked or you can't peel it yourself". I also took probiotics. I will start taking them again this year one month prior to our June trip.

As for the single guys, I just avoid them if they are acting like crazy spring breakers. The biggest problem our group had was a married man groping women in the pool. He was taken to jail. It's not always the single guys that act up. My only complaint about the singe guys is that they usually take over the pool bar, and the dance floor at night not leaving much room for the sexy ladies.

TTR is always remodeling something. We go for the people! The building is the oldest resort building in Cancun as it was the first built. After 40 years, most buildings do need remodels.

The people are great, the pool is great, all inclusive drinks!!! What more do you need?

I'm pretty easy going and not hard to please! I'm gonna continue going to TTR in June because the JUNE JUNKIES ROCK!!!! Great group to travel with and most of us go the 2nd and 3rd week of June. The singles that travel with us are the best.

Dawn

8. 2wavemakers

2wavemakers Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +132 / 0
    Sorry to hear that. I don't think we had any issues with food or the room. Putting hand sanitizer stations around the buffet would be a good idea though. Cruise ships are using them after all the issues they had a couple years ago.

There were a lot more single guys than we expected, but I only remember one that was forward enough to be abruptly dealt with at Paty'os. There seemed to be a lot of support from everyone else around if someone got out of line. Of course we saw some guys that were just fallingdowndrunk, but we can relate to that!

9. cfc61

cfc61 Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    What is Lysol? Antibacterial hand wash always in my bag due to having grandkids and theme park trips.....I shall bring more...I will be a walking Casper the ghost sanitised person!

10. Donald

Donald Devil's advocate Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,133 / 2

Lysol is a aerosol disinfectant.

It is also a highly explosive/flammable aerosol , and is a prohibited item , even in you checked luggage .

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice