Returned from 8 nights .... We're Repeaters: Issues at TTR

Discussion in 'Temptation Resort Reviews' started by Funcutecoupleli, Jun 13, 2013.

1. KS Couple

KS Couple Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    may 31-june 7

My husband and I were at TTR May 31-June 7. We both got sick. Mine was from food poisoning from Margaritas and so did my husband from the Asian Restaurant, which lasted 7 days. I have had food poisoning before, and that was what it was. Not the water or too much to drink.

2. BIG JOEP

BIG JOEP Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    Sorry to hear the singles were out of control with you. We arrived on June 7th and seen a bunch getting day passes. We wondered what the heck was up with that? But we did not see them acting out. Both of us did get sick and it def is something at resort. The symptoms are extreme stomach pains and diarrhea! And I also would get the chills. We got it after being there a couple days and Lori is still not totally over it yet. Let's hope they get it figured out quick, we love TTR. Been there 10 straight yrs and have never had anything like this before.

3. Barry&Angela

Barry&Angela Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    We were there June 8-12. Neither of us got sick but the rooms were incredibly wet. We were TTR newbies and almost every group we talked to had someone sick. I was surprised at how many groups of single men were there as well. TTR "veterans" just kept telling us that the resort is so much better October through February. We're hoping to make a repeat trip in February but if sanitation issues don't get fixed we won't return.

4. Liv & Ren

Liv & Ren Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +10 / 0
    I would take a small can of Lysol and antibacterial hand soap if we go again....anywhere....not just TTR. I always pack meds....Pepto, immodium, Advil. Take packets of Gatorade powder to add to bottled water. I will say I saw the staff working extra hard to keep everything super clean. Our room was cozy, with perfect A/C & no mold.

5. prcouple

prcouple Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    That sucks!!!! Dealing with sickness, and with a bunch of single guys!!!! Does not sounds good, having to fight in your vacation, wow!!!! Does anybody knows what happens if a guest punches one of this guys straight in the face, will you get thrown out???? First time visitor to TTR, this is what makes us think about what clothing should wife wear or swim wear!!! Not good, not good at all!!!

6. icecube88

icecube88 I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +910 / 0
    Sorry to hear about ur trip!! That does suck that U had to miss several days do to sickness :icon_frown: I was there is May and several of my friends also got sick. I have been to TTR 7 times and this is the first time that this many people have gotten sick!! I agree with U...It's not good... I carry Lysol Disinfective Spray with me each year and drop the whole can in the intake vent. Knock on wood:aktion061::aktion061: I haven't got sick yet!! There are many threads on here talking about what the problem is!! :huh::huh:

7. Stacia_and_John

Stacia_and_John T&A Tour Guide Registered Member

Ratings:
    +4,611 / 14
    The entire can of Lysol into the A/C intake vent? if the A/C runs predominantly to re-circulate the room's air, and I would think that it does, that's brilliant!

My lady would stilkl spray it direct on surfaces though, just to be safe.

8. jeff & deb

jeff & deb I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +50 / 0
    We also use the Lysol spray and since we've been using it (the last 2 trips) we haven't been sick.. well other than self induced.

9. edfarr

edfarr Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Lysol and Hand Sanitizer!!

We always take Lysol, Febreeze and hand sanitizers everywhere we go even to a Ritz! Also, taking extra vitimin C or Airbourne always helps.
    When you are around so many people and so much food, it's easy to get sick.
    Another important thing is to never put your head in public pools!!

10. JerseyPhillyScott

JerseyPhillyScott Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I load up on vitamin c and d and thinking about packing power bars and protein powder for the meals and just get straight liquor in my own cup... cant go wrong right>?... Should I bring a bubble to be in also??..hahaha jk

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice