Restaurant closings

Discussion in 'Living in Cancun' started by pocodinero, Feb 13, 2011.

1. ToriB

ToriB Cancuncare Sun Care Advisor Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Gottcha Life. I see the point now.

2. Cokewithlime

Cokewithlime Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +246 / 3
    Personally we think Mexico is still the best travel value for the $$$s - however we used to do a minimum of 3 trips a year, now it is only once (and maybe twice) a year, with us this is more do to with the state of the North American economy rather than the cost of resorts on the Yucatan.

3. pocodinero

pocodinero Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Cancunscorpio, I once purchased a vacation package on Ebay and now the travel agency sends me an email once in a while for special promotions to Cancun. That is how I found those prices.
    Check Cancun Vacations or Cancun resorts on Ebay, you can find some cheap deals.

4. matkirk

matkirk Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Where is Peter's located on Bonempak? It sounds good. What sort of food do they have? Can you get lamb chops with rosemary potatoes and baby veg, drizzled with a little gravy? Can you get that anywhere in Cancun?

5. TraceyUk

TraceyUk Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 1
    Mat you can get that at my house !!! No lamb on the menu at Peters but great fish , pork chicken beef and I think they do specials.The presentation was lovely.You can get lamb cooked beautifully at Palapa Belga.(another of our favourites).

Peters is on the opposite side of the road from Superama- slightly closer to the roundabout.

6. matkirk

matkirk Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Book me in for 2 then Tracey!!

I haven't been to Palapa Belga for quite a while - I forgot they did lamb!

So I'm guessing Peter's is by where the Santa Clara used to be? Will definitley give it a try.

7. SamCancun

SamCancun Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    What and where is Palapa Belga please? Can't believe you haven't spotted Peter's mate, you must pass the sign and restaurant every single day :)

8. SamCancun

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Actually that meant to say 'you used to pass it everyday' i'm sure it's been there for ages?

9. CancunMole

CancunMole Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    It is and has been my most favorite in all of Cancun for a long time and the rack of lamb is wonderful!

From www.cancunmenus.com:

La Palapa Belga - A best kept secret for years, definitely a treasure worth finding! Outside the boutique hotel Imperial Laguna, follow the garden pathway, over a bridge, down to the edge of Laguna Bojorquez. Wonderful view looking across the water toward the Hotel Zone. Owner/Chef Olivier presents traditional French and Belgian specialties always fresh; his Pot of Mussels Mariniere is a classic. You’ll be glad you discovered this gem - wonderfully tranquil, cozy and exceptional value.
    [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][/FONT][/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]View Menu Online with location: Cancun Menus | French: La Palapa Belga[/FONT][/FONT]

or

La Palapa Belga Cancun[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
    [/FONT]

10. SamCancun

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    thanks for the info looks very nice.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice