Resorts near Desire Cancun - NEED ONE NIGHT

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by MrBhaven, Mar 9, 2009.

1. MrBhaven

MrBhaven Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Through a series of events, we find ourselves without a room at the end of our week in Desire Cancun. For one night...

There will no doubt be cancellations and I'm calling daily to check, but in the event that we find ourselves 'homeless in mexico' I'm hoping to source alternate arrangements in the immediate location. We're going with a large group of friends (30 couples), so we'd ideally like to be able to hang out with them (will buy a day pass if required). Just want to have a room close by if necessary.

Are there any resorts within the immediate vicinity of Desire?

Thanks in advance.

Mr B

(BTW, the date/night we need a room is 4/3/09. Will pay $100 'finders fee' if you can get me one at Desire cancun! :p )

2. CancunCanuck

CancunCanuck Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    The Azul Beach Hotel is next to Desire, Bahia Maya the next one over. Good luck!

3. MrBhaven

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Checking them out now.

Kind thanks!

4. Steve

Steve Administrator Owner

Ratings:
    +7,194 / 14
    If all you're looking for is a room then there is a Marriott right by the airport which isnt too far. I'd guess most of the big resorts in that area may well be full and some may not allow 1 night stays:

Marriot Courtyard Cancun

5. Cokewithlime

Cokewithlime Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +246 / 3
    My recommendation, given your circumstances, and wanting to do day/night passes to Desire is to save your money by staying that extra night at a small hotel in Puerto Moreleos - such as Hotel Inglaterra which is right on the beach but only $55 USD per night

http://www.hotelinglaterra.com/location.htm

It's not walking distance to Desire from here but a taxi will only cost you $10 dollars each way

If you don't like the previous option, you can try any of the following BUT will end up paying as much or more as your per day charges at Desire but be within walking distance if you book any of the following:

To the north of Desire - Azul Hotel & Beach Resort or Paraiso de la Bonita

To the south of Desire - Azul Sensatori(new resort) or Secrets SilverSands(new resort)

6. MrBhaven

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Well, we are going with a large group of friends, so I know we will be hanging with them most (if not all) of the night. I'll pay the day-pass rate if I need to, to hang out, but just need a fall-back in case we get booted out at some point.

Ms B is *VERY* "hotel picky", so if we end up paying the same rate, so be it. Ideally, we'll pay that same rate at Desire itself! :lol: Just gotta have a cancellation come through..

Thanks for the suggestions!

7. Cokewithlime

Cokewithlime Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +246 / 3
    MrBhaven - Just a FYI - if you buy a Day Pass it is only good up until 6pm to stay later you would also have to buy a Night Pass which is good up til 2am

I believe the cost of the passes are about $ 280 USD per couple for either a day or night - ie if you want to spend the whole day and night there it will run you over $500 plus the cost for your other hotel !

8. CancunCanuck

CancunCanuck Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Buy a tent and pay the passes? :p

9. TraceyUk

TraceyUk Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 1
    Secrets Silver Sands is just along the way also - adults only- upmarket, v nice.
    Good Luck
    Tracey

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice