Residencial Bucaneros in PM

Discussion in 'Living in Cancun' started by Helena452, Jul 16, 2007.

1. Helena452

Helena452 Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Is anyone familiar with this development in Puerto Morelos? If so, I'd appreciate info. Received brochure from Canadian real estate agency and looks good, but was hoping for some first-hand information, perhaps from someone who lives there or in the area. Thanks.

2. Wabash

Wabash Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    That development is on the highway from Cancun to Playa del Carmen, about 2 km outside of Puerto Morelos. The units look nice but, at the moment, there is nothing around them. It would be a 5 to 10 minute drive into Puerto Morelos or to the beach. Personally, I think they are overpriced for the location.

3. davisod

davisod Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    We bought a mini-Luxor in Bucaneros. On the surface it might appear "overpriced", but you're get a lot more than it would appear to the casual observer. We spent almost 7 weeks there last winter and are very happy with our purchase. While it's true that u r a 4 km drive to the town, it was never a problem, for one because taxis are available day and nite and at $3.50 it's obviously pretty inexpensive. When u see what the sky-high prices are *in* Puerto Morelos are like, u can take a lot of taxis - plus do a lot of wining and dining with the money u save. And u won't have the constant worry of hurricane-force winds!

4. Helena452

Helena452 Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanks for the info, davisod. Was hoping to hear from someone who owns/lives there. Lived in Cancun City for a while 2 years ago and went to PM on occasion to get away from the "hustle & bustle" so I'm somewhat familiar with the area. Bucaneros (which didn't exist when I was there) is extremely reasonable compared to the expensive homes in PM, which made me a little concerned about the quality of construction, location, etc. Guess it's time for a visit to check things out. If you don't mind me asking, how long did it take to close the deal and did you run into problems or did all go smoothly (by Mexican standards)? You can private message me if you'd like. Thanks again for the info.

5. Normaandkenknight@hotmail

Normaandkenknight@hotmail Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi there we have a great house in residencial bucaneros puerto morelos, we have had the house for 3 years (we are self governing inside a gated community with pool, Gym and great neighbours we all look out for each other we will be there Nov 5th through 20th Dec if you want more info or pay a visit

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice