Reservations......Temptations or Alpharooms ?

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by cash0268, May 16, 2008.

1. cash0268

cash0268 Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Someone please tell me which site is best to make reservations?

I called Temptations directly and they said they could not guarantee a King with Ocean View but on the Alpharooms site they don't have a choice for a King. Alpharooms is somewhat cheaper, but I don't want to hear "you get what you pay for" I want to make sure my first visit to Cancun is GREAT! Somebody help me! :bow:

Jeanie

2. Kat & Greg

Kat & Greg Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    We booked through Alpharooms and the room and the location were exactly what we were hoping for.

When we checked in we asked for a specific area and to be close to the other couple we came with and we got both - in fact we were right next to each others rooms by the quiet pool.

3. Angibaby

Angibaby Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Last year we went through Hotwire as it was the cheapest that we found at the time. We booked at the lowest rate that had available and asked for "ocean view" and king when we arrived. We went the the first room and when we got there for the "ocean view" you had to go out the room door andlook around the building! LOL! It was also on the first floor and that wasnt really to our liking so my bf went and asked for a "better" room.

The second room we were more than happy with and we didnt pay for an upgrade. It was a very spacious king room overlooking the quiet pool. On the balcony we could see the ocean when we looked over to the side. It was fine and my guess that even though it was no a direct view that it was what people pay for when they pay extra for ocean view. Compared to the ocean view we had in Mazatlan it was disappointing and the extra a night when compared to Mazatlan it would have been dissapointing to pay more for it. The diff. was that in Maz our room was SO CLOSE to the ocean there...I dont think Temptations has rooms that close and the high waves made for a magical lullabye at night. In long (ha ha ha) I am not sure I would pay a premium for the OV at Temptations and would pay the minimum Alpharooms has to offer (when I was booking it was a SIGNIFICANT discount than any other website) and ask for what you want when you arrive. If the first room you get isnt to your liking then ask again and maybe they can find you a different one. That is our plan again for this year and we will be even more specific this year "King room over looking quiet pool on the 2nd or 3rd floor please."

4. Roy and Marie

Roy and Marie Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    The two times that we have been in the past about a week or two in advance we e-mailed Temptations and requested the room and both times they honored our request . This time we e-mailed them w/request and about 2 or 3 days later they e-mailed us back saying that they had put a note w/our reservation :D

As far as who to book through I would go w/Alparooms it helps pay for this site and they can save you some money ....

5. Bearcat

Bearcat Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    We just got home last night, booked the trip through Alpharooms and everything was just what we wanted and we even stayed an extra night...

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice