Request a room location? a'la carte dining?

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by gutch, Dec 17, 2008.

1. gutch

gutch Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    We're booking on Friday for January 26 to February 2nd. Does anyone have any suggestions as to whether we should ask to be put in a particular building or location? Are any of the buildings/rooms in better condition than others? Are they all about the same (other than the "jacuzzi" rooms)?

Any advise you can pass on to a newbie would be appreciated!

The other question: is there any way that anyone has figured out to book the a'la carte restaurants for more than one night at a time, like book for two or three days, different restaurants, all at the same time without having to stand in line each day. It seems kinda ridiculous to waste your vacation standing in line to book a restaurant. Surely there must be a better system or method? We want to be able to try each of the a'la carte restaurants.

Again, any advise would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Steve :cool:

[​IMG]

2. Bart/Annette

Bart/Annette Life begins at 40!!! Registered Member

Ratings:
    +270 / 0
    I think about everyone likes the rooms by the quiet pool, although that is a small part of the total rooms in the resort. The front desk should be able to show you your room prior to dragging your bags around. There are some areas that some people like very much and others would prefer not to stay. The front desk does seem to try to fill the better view rooms first. Don't be afraid to ask to be moved if you don't like your room or location.

Remember that you are in Mexico, and may have to ask more than once for simple things like having them open your room safe. Piss off the front desk and they will find some really bad room locations for you.

Can't argue with you on the specialty restaurants reservation system. I am glad we are Premier and don't have to wait in line every day. They are very good, and well worth the wait. Remember that you can make reservations for a group of four (or maybe six or eight) if you are traveling with or make some friends that you would like to dine with. Mr Jackson and a smile can also get you table most of the time.

3. gutch

gutch Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Mr. Jackson

Sorry to sound a bit on the dim side but which denomination of bill is Mr. Jackson. Being from Canada I have no clue. If you told me the purple one ($10) or the blue one ($5) in Canada I'd know. I sure hope it's not the pink one ($50) or even the green one ($20) for that matter. And if we're talking brown ($100) that is out of the question :D

I'm generally cheap, oops, I mean thrifty! :lol:

4. jonnyshark

jonnyshark Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    It's a $20 USD

5. 1st_Mate

1st_Mate Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +153 / 0
    Quiet Pool

We were there two years ago with a room by the quiet pool just by accident. It was quiet, except for maybe once or twice in the middle of the night when people came back from the bars..no biggie. It was a nice view..picture of the quiet pool with the lagoon in the horizon, no one at that pool and since I never made it there..it makes for good pictures to show people that there are other pools there. :wink:

Going soon and have not even worried about where they put us...I know that I usually crash just fine wherever I am in Mexico. I did e-mail and ask for a cushion before I arrive. I did that once at Adventuras Spa Palace and they had it on the bed upon arrival. All beds in MX are hard. That is just the way it is.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice