Renting a Car at Cancun Int'l

Discussion in 'Living in Cancun' started by Windknot, Nov 13, 2015.

1. Windknot

Windknot Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Has anyone done this recently? How straightforward are the major rental agencies, and how smooth was the return, in terms of hassles? For example, I have heard of the agencies (not necessarily in Cancun) pinning previous car damage on an unsuspecting newer renter. In the US, I am careful to check the car before I drive it and make the agent note and initial any little dings or scratches I see.

Are the airport agencies considerably more expensive than an agency further from the airport? If so, what might be the name? I am interested in a possible weekly rental, and then I would drive to Xcalak and back. I have been there several times already, in my own vehicle, so I know the way. Thanks in advance.

Edit: I am also asking, so as to be able to provide reliable information to friends in Texas who might want to make the same trip. Various hotels offer ground transport from CUN and it runs about $400 US, round trip. But with that, you're stuck at the resort, so a rental car is the only other option.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice