Rental Car?

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by superbeast, Oct 15, 2008.

1. superbeast

superbeast Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hello to all,

Planning a trip to TTR Nov 7-14, and exploring all the different options available.
    I looked on www.hotwire.com just to check the price of a rental car, and was amazed at how inexpensive it is.
    For example, renting a Ford Fiesta (subcompact car) only costs $43.32 for the week! I mean, realistically, this is the price of an airport transfer! Additionally, we'd be able to take a road trip during the week if we wanted to.
    Is there room to park rental cars at the resort? Has anyone ever explored this option before? Even if I only use it as transportation to and from the airport, it seems pretty similar in price to a transfer, plus I have the flexibility as well.
    Opinions?

2. LotsaTimers

LotsaTimers Cancuncare's Survivors Registered Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0
    Wow, I'm amazed no one has replied yet! :shock:

I've never rented a car in Cancun, so I'm no expert by any means.

But I would strongly recommend you research the ins and outs thoroughly, but what from I've read/heard, you should buy as much insurance as you can when you rent the car. I don't know if credit cards etc. will cover, and your american insurance certianly will not!!! Trust me , it's a crazy place to drive!! (passenger's prespective):shock:

As far as parking goes, I would contact the resort directly, as parking is quite limited.

I'm sure you can find more info using the search function on this board, and hopefully someone with more knowledge and experience chimes in!!

Welcome to the board and enjoy your trip!!

Geprge

3. Steve

Steve Administrator Owner

Ratings:
    +7,194 / 14
    I think there are about two spaces reserved for guests hire cars in the parking lot with the rest for staff. The security / parking attendants don't have a lot to do and they get pretty anal about the smallest of things.... like if I want to park there for 5 mins.

There is a large car park on the other side of the road next to the church and about 200 yds towards the hotel zone. Parking is free there and not too far away. I often park there, rather than suffer the parking nazis.

4. infidel

infidel Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    We rented a jeep for a week in Aug. & didn't have any problems with parking at the resort. They'll give you a parking pass to put on your dash so the nazi's won't give you any grief.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice