RENT AN EXOTIC CAR IN CANCUN?!?!

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by lifter33, Feb 7, 2006.

1. AJ0527

AJ0527 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Does anyone know the age requirement, to rent a car?

2. Life_N_Cancun

Life_N_Cancun Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    25 is what seems to be the going age minimum to rent a car just about anywhere. Mopeds on the other hand can be rented to any drunk with something that looks like a license, judging by the kids/idiots I see renting them in the HotelZone.

I can't understand what the point of renting an "exotic car" would be in Cancun. Its not as if you can "run" them anywhere, and you might aswell hang out a bag full of money for the police. (but I guess if you are willing to spend the crazy amounts of money to rent one, another grand or 2 to the local police charity wouldn't matter much.)

3. lambert13

lambert13 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Not to mention what a speed bump like they have down there would do to the underside of a Mclaren.

4. Life_N_Cancun

Life_N_Cancun Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Yeah! No kidding! You sure dont see many "low riders" around here. Some of the "topes" in the smaller villages around Cancun pose a danger to even standard height cars if they are not navigated at an angle and VERY SLOWLY.

5. Michael F.

Michael F. Moderator/1st CC Member Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Sweet! I found a local company what quotes the price for the SLR McLaren (hold your breath, please): $5000.00 for the first four hours. $1450.00/hr thereafter! :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Have to be at least 25 yrs of age to rent. And there's more:
    http://www.platinumcarrental.com/car_rental_rates.htm

6. Drewbert

Drewbert Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Well if you do end up renting an exotic and want to stretch it's legs, head out to the Cancun-Tulum highway, and just after the airport turnoff there's a connecting highway that links in with the Cancun-Merida toll road. It's very low traffic, 2 lanes each way and probaly the best place to open it up. Just watch for things running out of the jungle onto the road in front of you.

Way in front of you.

7. Steve

Steve Administrator Owner

Ratings:
    +7,193 / 14
    and left over rocks at the side of the road that have previously been used as car jacks.

8. jen***

jen*** Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    We just rented a brand new Mustang for the weekend. It was great fun, but it did get scratched - we have no idea how or who!!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice