Renovations at the Golden..questions!

Discussion in 'Golden Parnassus Forum' started by tere, Oct 31, 2010.

1. tere

tere Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    I usually stay at Temptations. This year I'm considering the Golden.

I would be going alone and don't want to be one of very few with all of the couples.
    Has anyone seen or stayed there since the renovations? I'm wondering what they did exactly and if it is complete..

My brother and his wife will be in Cancun at the same time. We'd like to stay at the same place, preferably without children, but they don't think they'd care for Temptations.

Any advice...thanks!

2. tflexxin

tflexxin Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +998 / 0
    The renovations are NOT complete. Lots of cosmetic stuff left to do, but nothing that impedes on your trip. New beds make the stay comforable, but the AC needs work. It feels freezing in your room when you get back from being out, but then the room heats up and cools down constantly.
    They removed the bridge over the pool, added an infiniti edge, and joined the smaller shallow pool to the main pool. Added a nice outdoor enclosed area to the buffet restaurant. removed the mini golf. The lobby looks beautiful. The rooms are still in need of upgrades, but the comforable new bed sure makes up for a lot!!

3. tere

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    Thanks for the update! How bad are the rooms(other than the new mattresses)? I was kind of looking forward to the mini-golf!!! Are there noticeable singles there or is it more of a couples place? I'm thinking I'd be better off at Temptations.

4. GCPSgirl

GCPSgirl Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Good to hear! Nice report. The rooms should be next they are wayyyyy behind the times.

5. rdubnpk

rdubnpk Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0
    rdubnpk
    Me thinks the mini-golfers at Temptation use different kinds of putters, the attached ones. Just a heads up.

6. tere

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    Me thinks you are right!
    I'm sure the mini-golf at the Golden was probably not quite the mini-golf I was thinking of either! I've booked at Temptations while my brother hasn't decided between Cancun and Cuba.

7. tflexxin

tflexxin Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +998 / 0
    The rooms are in serious need of upgrades, but they are still comfortable. AC needs upgrade too, which I think they were actually doing while we were there.
    There were mostly couples, say 75%. But I'm sure that differs depending on time of year. Almost nobody would go there by themselves though.

8. davissummer24

davissummer24 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I was there solo in January. It was 50% couples, 30% groups, and rest single or girls getaway travelers. I had a fun time and wouldn't hesitate to go again by myself. Met lots of fun folks, not caught up in who's with who but in just meeting new people and having good time

9. tere

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    I just met someone who was there 2 weeks ago. She said that the renovations were beautiful but still not complete. There was still work going on, certain floors. But that it was not disruptive.
    I may try it next trip. I booked Temptations for my December trip and my brother/wife RUI Cancun for their first Cancun trip. I hope they like it. I've probably been to Cancun 20 plus times over quite a few years and they've always wanted to go.

10. davissummer24

davissummer24 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Tere
    When you heading down? I'm looking at a December trip. I always look at Temptations then end up finding a better deal for somewhere else lol. It's Secrets Silversands v Temptations this time

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice