Renewing my FM3 for the first time....

Discussion in 'Living in Cancun' started by rawkus, Sep 15, 2008.

1. RiverGirl

RiverGirl Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Tony - The INM fee, not bribe, but fee for renewing an FM3 is in the neighborhood of $1500 MXP, maybe a bit more (an FM2 is more).

Mauricio will likely charge you upwards of $3000 MXP (that's a guess).

2. rawkus

rawkus I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    RiverGirl: Thank you. Dont know why they emailed me 250 pesos(sounded a bit too good to be true :))

Ill try to do it with the help of the INM`s in DF, since that worked last time and we didnt spend any more money than the actual bank-fee.

Its funny how things have to be so d*mn complicated sometimes. :)

Now we are off to Ayuntamiento for the celebrations!! :)

/Tony

3. Steve

Steve Administrator Owner

Ratings:
    +7,194 / 14
    I can only say that on my initial registration and 2 renewals so far that I have never encountered any bribery in Cancun INM, just ineffciency. Maybe I haven't been looking hard enough :)

Total cost all depends on your situation and what kind of FM3 you are seeking. In my case I have to have original bank statements sent by DHL from the UK, translated into Spanish by an offical translator plus a gazzilion copies of everything. I reckon my renewals have probably cost at least $4000 pesos each time, and that is without a lawyer.

4. rawkus

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Steve: Im sure they wont(at least I hope) ask for a bribe thistime aftger what happened the last time I was there... Im glad that the government took some initiative and rocked the boat a little with INM offices around Mexico.

We will do a "economico dependiente" (same as the first time) FM3 since the company I work for hasnt given me a contract that stretches over the lowseason... Maybe thats why they offered to assist me by "only paying" 400 $US? ;)

Well, when they asked me for the bribe, at least they were very forward and honest: "Give me money or I wont give you the papers." My jaw dropped to the ground, very hard and fast I must admit :)

I found a more accurate sum for the renewal which was anything from 1100 MXP to 1500 MXP... Going to ask why the h*ll the guy from DF emailed me 250MXP....

/Tony

5. rawkus

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Followed your advice regarding Mauricio, after yet another futile and frustrating confrontation with the hopeless INM-Cancun...

Hes very nice and very punctual and veru organized. Also straight fwd with the cost: No extra hidden fees.

Will recommend him to who ever I know is in need of a good Immigration lawyer.

At least I had the pleasure of reporting two of the staff in INM who demanded money. Headoffice and the Swedish embassy appreciated that.

Mauricio also said that most people are scared to report them, but more people should since that is the only way they will learn that they most certainly are NOT above the law.

Now he is taking care of it and you guys were absolutely right - No headaches :)

Regards/Tony

6. Steve

Steve Administrator Owner

Ratings:
    +7,194 / 14
    Good to hear things are working out. My renewal is coming up and we've just made our first contact with Mauricio too.

7. CharlesinCancun

CharlesinCancun Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Mauricio is a huge find , he is defintley worth the money. you get what you pay for, right! I used Mauricio and was only in the inm office , one time , for 20 minutes and then had to go home and shower.

8. cunspin

cunspin Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I have been here for 21 years and have always renewed my FM3 on my own. I have nevr been asked for a bribe. The only thing I can complain about is that when I was the President of the IWC they fined me for not getting permission from them and that was the Notarios fault. The process is a Pain In The ASS! but I find if I manage to get all the copy's of everything then it really is not bad. Also I go midmorning and usually do not have to wait.

9. rawkus

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi everyone. Now my renewal has been authorized :)

Maurico is doing an awesome job! Can only recomend him as he is punctual, honest and just very positive :)

Ill recieve my renewed FM3 on monday or tuesday next week.

No bribes, no stupid INM agents, no arguments, no sweat, no blood - thank you Mauricio! :)

Now letss just hope the economy starts rolling again, then Im back on track ;)

Cheers `n Beers everyone

/Tony

10. rawkus

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    cunspin: Im happy you never had any bigger issues with INM. Trust me, I had ALL the documenst needed(and the list provided by the Swedish Embassy) but still they said stupid things like "well, the list changed this morning, so you have to give me this and that"...

:)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice