Regulars that are now NON regulars................

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by EngineerGuy, Apr 16, 2007.

1. rikib004

rikib004 I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0

Hey that was cool of you to explain..cheers.... Having lots of fun and partying :D

2. claire

claire Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    hello! im still here. i cant leave this forum, you know me.
    especially with cancun 2008.... :D

im a bit unsure about that whole rush thing. not to start a debate over it
    or anything, just it seems a bit weird.
    i dont want to sound like im putting it down or anything but
    what is the attraction?
    and how do you really pick? does it mean you live with the people all year?
    what if you dont get on with them all? do you get a big house? who's house is it?!

lol im asking a lot of questions. i just dont get it!

3. elizabethg

elizabethg Addict Registered Member

mayfield, kentucky but currently in the dirty bgiz
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    no its totally fine, i understand. where i go to school, EVERYBODY goes home on the weekends, so if you are in a sorority or fraternity, then there is always someone to do something with or hang out with. as far as the sorority thing goes, i absolutely LOVE it and wouldnt trade it for anything. our house is small, only 5 girls live there, but you can go and hang out there or whatever. you cant have alcohol or guys upstairs, so i wouldnt want to live there. we have a dorm called meredith hall where 4 sororities live and that is where i live. its really nice and we have suites with really big bathrooms, so 4 girls share. my roommate which is in a different sorority than me goes home usually on thursdays and doesnt come back untiil mondays. if i wasnt in a sorority then it would really suck because now i have alot of good friends and we are always busy and always have something to do! sometimes i feel like i am too busy, but i really like it

4. Sol_Gemma

Sol_Gemma Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    what happens if you dont get picked for a sorority :(

5. elizabethg

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    you just pick based on who you feel like you fit in with the best, i picked phi mu because i felt like these girls could be my lifelong friends and im not the type that fixes up for class, while some other girls are and i just felt like i woudnt have to do that. its sort of hard to explain, you just know though

6. elizabethg

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    well, you can go through rush more than once (which is what i did) because i wasnt happy with the way things went the first time. or it really just sucks because sometime that does happen to girls

7. Sol_Gemma

Sol_Gemma Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    in legally blonde they have a sorority

8. hw711

hw711 Moderator/Dance Machine Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Because frats/sororities are exclusive (ie. you have to be selected in order to join), they are kind of like "cool people" clubs that if you have a membership, you can feel better about yourself if you need that kind of self esteem lifter. Other advantage is networking. Sometimes in a job interview, if you were in the same frat/sorority as your interviewer, you can get some extra brownie points. And frats/sororities usually have the best parties on campus.

Rush is like the application process for frats/sororities. From an freshman's prospective, you start by going to check out all of them, you kiss up the members of the ones you like hoping they'd give you a bid. If you get multiple bids from different frats/sororities, then you can choose the one you want to join the most. If you don't rush or don't get any bid, you'll have to live in dorms or find your own apartment. This is this really really bad Paris Hilton (okay, maybe that's a little redundant) movie called Pledge This. It's all about the greek system and rushing.

9. claire

claire Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    yeah i saw it in the dvd shop. i might rent to have a look.
    in road trip they said they were from a different chapter.. so does this mean every college
    has the same frats/sororities and you are really a member of a massive
    cult... i mean brotherhood/sisterhood?! lol

im messing. i see how it can be good from a friendship and non-boredom point of view but i just think it seems a little long winded and maybe even a bit
    harsh. if you think you have just got into college then you want to try get into a sorority and then you dont get picked. then you go through your
    whole college life thinking you are not good enough or something?!?

i feel sorry for the people that didnt get picked. bless their cotton socks :lol:

but otherwise sounds wicked. all the parties and stuff. but one more question...
    if you guys cant drink til you're 21 doesnt being in a fraternity or sorority house make it harder to have parties. i bet police know exactly where they are!?!

10. elizabethg

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    ok i dont think im "cool" because im in a sorority and i do live in a dorm. for all of us that are under 21, we go to the frat parties because all of the older girls go to the bars. our campus is dry so no drinking is supposed to go on on campus but its college, so it does every weekend. we just hope that the cops dont come and some of the cops are old frat guys so we usually get off the hook, just depends

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice