Recent Trip report

Discussion in 'Golden Parnassus Forum' started by soldier4402, Apr 25, 2017.

1. soldier4402

soldier4402 Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +72 / 0
    First thing first if you think this place is going to be TTR forget it, don't even try to compare the two. With that said here is what we thought. But I will try to give you some comparisons.

Hotel- Hotel was dated but very well taken care and clean. It was a nicer hotel than TTR, honestly TTR was kind of a dump. We had a room non beach side but still had a view of the ocean. Both sides of the hotel look at the ocean, as this hotel is right on the ocean side. Room had double beds, warning they were small probably like fulls, but you could put them together. Our room also did not have a ninny fridge which was a downside. Shower was nice and big with a glass door. Lighting in the bathroom was also very dark. AC worked great with very little musty smell and wet feeling. I would guess the hotel had around 2-300 rooms so smaller place.

Food- We thought the food was great, really didn't have anything bad, food was way better than TTR. Bfast was the typical buffet with omelet station, they had a smoothie bar, and pancake/waffle station. Lunch was in the same place and they had a buffet along with a fajita station, Chinese wok station, pasta station, and burgers and dogs. Very good for lunch. There was also a snack bar that was open from around lunch time till night time. Dinner they had a buffet but was very limited wasn't really the main place to eat, really our only complaint about food. But they did have 4 sit down places, that didn't require reservations and there was no wait. Old barn was a steak house, pier 12 was pasta and seafood, sumo was sushi, and shangrala which was fancy and the only place that had a dress code. Very impressed with food especially since this probably a 3-4 star place. The food quality was echoed by about 10 people we were with, so the complaints about food I've seen I don't get it.

Drinks and Bars- drinks were good and found them to be average to stiff on the alcohol. There was a bar in the lobby, so so and kind of flimsy set up. Pool bar(tiki) was good the pool servers were good but very slow better off getting it yourself. The beach also had a small bar, NO POOL BAR. There was a club that opened at night called the sixties bar, it was nice in there and did get hopping a few times. Best bar tender was Moses at the pool bar at night, Carlos and Jose were also good.

Staff- Probably some of the friendliest and most polite staff we have been around, from the bartenders to the waiters. House cleaning cleaned our room later after lunch when we were out of the room by 930 every day.

Topless- By the beach is fine apparently. But 3 out of the 4 days the girls and girls around us were told to put their tops back on because there were complaints. There was probably 5-6 topless by the pool when it did happen. The complaints seemed to always happen after lunch. Might get away with it if your discreet and don't go running around. Plenty of cheeky/thongs running around though. Beach fine, pool not so much.

Atmosphere- It was more laid back and quiet, average age probably in the late 40s to early 50s. The sixties bar got going a few times but they also closed it down at 11 a few times to play bingo WTF. Pool bar had some body shots and some other fun a few times, but it was sporadic. Overall just a quiet and relaxing atmosphere.

Pool- was nice had a knee high spot and the rest was waist high, pool was perfect temp, also was situated nice to look out at the ocean. There was a hot tub right on the beach, was a descent temp and also looked out at the ocean. You don't really have to worry about getting chairs by the pool. Activities were were quite, exercise, bingo, and pool volley ball which actually didn't look to bad. Obviously no games beyond rated pg.

Overall not a bad resort considering it was less than 1000 a person. The atmosphere just wasn't even on the same planet as TTR. We did have fun and would go back, just might be a first choice if were are looking for an upbeat all adult time. Which I will say we refuse to go to places with kids, so this did foot the bill since TTR was closed. So if you want a nicer place and better food this is way better than TTR, but if you want the fun don't go here go to TTR. WIth TTR behind redone I suppose the resort will be a lot nicer along with the food, but well see if they outprice themselves. We're definitely going back to TTR, but do not regret coming here.

2. soldier4402

Ratings:
    +72 / 0
    Also no Theme nights

3. OmahaCpl

OmahaCpl Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +168 / 0
    Heading here June 20-28. Thank you for the great report. We are hoping to have some fun while there!

4. Steve

Steve Administrator Owner

Ratings:
    +7,194 / 14
    Thanks for the great report.

I do have to laugh every time someone mentions the "sixties bar", kind of suggests it's geared towards sixties music. Anyone who remembers music from the sixties is close to or in their 70's by now!

Not that there's anything wrong with that (I hope I make it that far), but doesn't scream cool and trendy.

5. Donna & Tim

Donna & Tim I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,605 / 6
    Hey there, I was born in the late 50s and grew up in the 60s listening to that music and I not 70 or close to 70 it yet, like you said I hope to make it that far. Now for cool and trendy, LOL:D

T

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  6. westtexas

westtexas Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,073 / 1
    We said the same thing when we saw the entrance!! That being said, it is an ideal location in the resort. The entrance is right in the middle. after going in, figured out why it's called that. Has creepy life size statues of actors from back then. (I have one in my album with marylin Monroe). The name might have been ok in the 80's!!!

7. soldier4402

Ratings:
    +72 / 0
    The 60 sixties bar yeah didn't match the name. It wasn't a bad place at night though. Only thing I didn't like is there wasn't a bathroom inside it. You had walk about 100ft across the lobby for it.

8. Steve

Steve Administrator Owner

Ratings:
    +7,194 / 14
    Sorry Tim :)
    60's music reminds me of my Mum who is a big fan. Born in 1943, so 17 when the Sixties started and 74 now.

I was born in 66 and don't really remember any music before 78. You must have been an early adopter! I remember 'retro' 70's nights when I was in my thirties , and eighties nights when in my forties.

Last edited: Apr 27, 2017
  9. Donna & Tim

Donna & Tim I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,605 / 6
    Steve LOL,In my family I was the last of 5 with a 11 year spread from oldest to youngest, I had no choice in the music that was playing.:eek:

T

Last edited: Apr 27, 2017
  10. vacationfun2

vacationfun2 I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +346 / 1
    Been there several times, but no for 5 or 6 years. Thanks for the great report. Disappointing about the topless issues.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice