Recent Death at Oasis Cancun last sunday?

Discussion in 'Living in Cancun' started by EngineerGuy, Jan 9, 2007.

1. Michael F.

Michael F. Moderator/1st CC Member Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    :?:

2. teves35

teves35 Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    To all who think this is a joke,

This is a friend of Nolan and his family. Show some respect. This is an area for people who may have any information about what happened.

3. apple

apple Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    umm i dont think anyone thinks its a joke love :?

4. whdream

whdream Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Noone was EVEN close to saying this was a joke. And I think everyone here realizes that this is a true incident. And it sadened by it.

This is a forum and people are able to respond to the threads.

5. aphex34

aphex34 Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    May 8th another Death

We came out of Coco Bongos on May 8th around 2:30 am and there were police and an ambulance across the street between the 2 outdoor bars.
    As we walked by there was a girl who was recieving chest compressions in a pool of blood. I asked one of the people who worked at a nearby resturant, que paso? (what happened) He explained in spanish that she and two other people can into the taco factory and had food. 20 minutes later she fell off of the side of the wall of the bar and broke her neck.
    I just hope people realise that mexican rules of safety are completly different than other places. Here in the usa we almost expect to be looked after. There, your on your own.

6. NormsKid

NormsKid Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I would have to disagree strongly with you on your statement about folks in the USA expecting to be looked after. I don't care where in the world I am, I don't expect to be looked after by anyone but my own common sense. It's something I take with me no matter where I go.

Michelle

7. CancunCanuck

CancunCanuck Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    And I have to say, at 2:30 am she was probably drunk and should not have been sitting on a wall. I am quite sure this has nothing to do with "Mexican safety standards". Drunken accidents happen all the time, be responsible for your own health and safety.

8. NormsKid

NormsKid Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Re: May 8th another Death

Well.....I started to comment on the wall comment, but when you read the original post, it's TOTALLY unclear to me what she actually fell off of. It says "the side of the wall"......how does one fall off of the side of a wall. I could see someone leaning against a wall and sliding down it, but to fall off the side of it???? Then it says she broke her neck, but was receiving chest compressions??? I gave up trying to analyze what actually happened when I read that and just addressed the portion that spoke to Americans expectations of being looked after.

I not sure what "Mexican Rules of Safety" is suppose to mean either. Is that suppose to mean that locals live more dangerously than non-locals? Does it mean that there should have been someone monitoring this girl as she sat wherever she was? Does it mean that the wall was unsafe for some reason? Who knows???

I have my thoughts on the intent of the post being attached to a thread over a year old, but my mother taught me to not say anything in certain situations......

Michelle

9. mormis

mormis I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    well i think that its all about bad luck! its not normal to be drunk and sitting on a wall, me, personally, being a local wouldnt do it and if i was on vacation on any part of the world i wouldnt do it... because it could be DANGEROUS!

those kinds of things when people get hurt because they were doing crazy or stupid stuff has a reason and its not like there have to be signs on the street saying "if you get drunk, dont sit on walls"...

but i did hear about a girl being hit on the head by one of the big lights of The City, passing out on a big pool of blood, my brother was very close to her... he told me so... yet again... my brother doesnt always tell the truth...

does anyone know about this, it was like 2 or 3 weeks ago

10. whdream

whdream Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Either if she was on a wall or not SHE BROKE her neck? How the heck does that happen??Whether she fell off a wall or whatever

Oh my ?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice