Recent Cancun Experience, Please Read

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by lets_party, Oct 27, 2011.

1. ToriB

ToriB Cancuncare Sun Care Advisor Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    No skin off my back. I just call it like I see it. You don't know me and your threw out the first allegation. People complain here (on CC) and to my face all the time. I give an honest response back without insults. You on the other hand, just can't be that civil. I stooped to your level.

Thanks to my "friends" for being open minded and knowing facts first.

2. Cancun Fun

Cancun Fun Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    My only question is what kind of idiot drinks enough to pass out on a sidewalk? He is lucky he didn't end up in jail or worse. He should just be thankful that he only lost some cash and a bracelet! Do people really do that kind of stuff in their home town? Even if they are stupid enough to do it back home they should really realize they are in a foreign country and try to use a little commonsense.

3. gabesz

gabesz Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    You are further adding insult to Tori and the rest of us here as a whole. Tori is right to be upset with your comments which were totally out of line. If you do not like the heat you should have not turned on the oven.

4. rawkus

rawkus I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Regardless how drunk one is, should one really have to expect to be robbed by the staff...? If the answer is "yes", then I guess Im old fashioned, hehe. ;)

Unfortunate events, all in all.

Let the manager at The City know, and hopefully he/she/they feel that their own reputation is important enough to act on it. Thieves are thieves, regardless if the victim is asleep, drunk, blind, handicapped or all the previous.

I avoid getting that drunk, but IF it would have happened to me, Id go straight to the cops, along with PROFECO. Might be hard as a tourist, considering the time it all takes.

Ps. All this reminds me of a sandbox, except that all of us are older than 5 years, LOL. :D

5. ToriB

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    If he was in the smoking section outside CB, you can't assume it was staff. There are a lot of shady characters around there at night.

6. Canadian Dos Equis fan

Canadian Dos Equis fan Cancuncare's Most Interesting Man Registered Member

Ratings:
    +177 / 0
    I've only been to the city a couple of times but if one bartender is being a jerk aren't there several others to use? Also the comment about getting an education and a real job are out of line. Hell I have both, and I will trade for the chance to live in paradise any day lol!

7. MelnReg

MelnReg I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +29 / 0
    I totally agree with Rawkus. When you go out in Mexico, you have to watch your back. It's not like back home. All Inclusive at a bar does not mean tips included to me but they shouldn't refuse you if you don't. But again, it's Mexico. Oh and I bought some skin care off of Tori a couple of times and have seen her around the pool. She is very educated and professional! People who don't know anything about Mexico and are naive do need to know that this stuff goes on, so I think it was a good idea for let'sparty to voice his experience. Most of us at Cancuncare forget because we go to Cancun regularly and know what to watch out for but first timers need to know so they can come with the knowledge and they can return time and time again like the rest of us and have a great experience in Cancun! We all love Cancun so much, sometimes I think we get too defensive! LOL:cheerleaders:

8. rawkus

rawkus I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    @Tori: My bad, I assumed that from the previous post by Steve.

@cuppies: "When you go out in Mexico, you have to watch your back. It's not like back home."

Umm, what I meant was that in every city, regardless where in the world you are, this crap can happen. I have never pointed out that I meant ONLY in Mexico. Just wanted to make that clear. :)

In 4.5 years in this country, Ive only had issues with the local pigs, ehrm..."police" and Immigration staff.

In 2 years living in Melbourne(Australia), I had 3 attempted robberies, amongst other stuff. Back home in Stockholm, I cant even recount the number of "events"...

So far, Mexico and Thailand have been the best for me personally, by far, when it comes to safety. I would never have thought that before leaving Sweden many, many years ago. :)

9. ToriB

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Damn, I had a response posted as as I hit Reply, my power flickered.. blah!

Form the OP, it seems like a Coco Bongo employee was the suspect of this "robbery". It seems like the locals always take the blame when it comes to things like this and other things; like murders and people disappearing from resorts. When in actuality, it's tourist themselves whom are causing a lot of the problems.... like the girl that disappeared on vacation with her Grandmother and ended up running away with an online boyfriend. Or the Survivor Producer that killed his wife. Those to come to mind, and were initially blamed on a poor local.
    This "robbery" was conducted to someone whom was blacked out, alone, outside the confines of the nightclub. To assume it had anything to do with CB, is just presumptuous.
    Remember a couple yrs ago during SB, a fool peed on a transformer and died of electrocution. Should that be the fault of The City? I think not. If you have no control when you drink, it's best that you don't do it in the first place. The Party Zone is a VERY safe place. I have been there MANY times alone and never felt uneasy.

10. Canadian Dos Equis fan

Canadian Dos Equis fan Cancuncare's Most Interesting Man Registered Member

Ratings:
    +177 / 0
    Great I am going to have to find somewhere else to pee late at night. Thanks for the tip Tori lol!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice