Recent Attack On Unika Realty

Discussion in 'Living in Cancun' started by unikarealty, Oct 2, 2008.

1. unikarealty

unikarealty Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    While doing a search for a new client I was surprised to see a blog that was written about my company Unika Realty. While I do not normally respond to petty jealousy I felt it was important to clarify what has been stated about us. As for a hotel for $450 million as a matter of fact we do have this hotel as well as several others all over Mexico. We did not seek these clients out thay came to us asking for help. We pride ourselves on our honesty and integrity and we work hard for our clients. We would never put anything on our website that was not real, true, or accurate info and or that we do not have a contract for. We do not speak badly of other agents or bad mouth other companies and we intend to do our business with a professional attitude, working fairly with other realtors in the area. The house for sale for $400 was in the Brisas it was never stated to be in the Bayview. I do however have 5 listings in this community of which the lowest is priced at $550k. We have nothing to hide we are licensed and bonded. If this person had these issues why did he not contact us or is slander the name of the game on this website or in Cancun. Why did no one question him? Is the fact that he writes regualrly make him a honest man. This is how countries fall. I left a high level executive position to come here because I believed in Cancun and lately I am surprised at what I see. Realtors who go to my clients and try to sell my homes in order to cut me out of a commission, people that slander each other instead of working together as a team. I pride myself on my honesty, and my clients know I will talk them out of a sale instead of putting them in something that is not right for them. I know for myself when I go to sleep at night I am happy I was able to help someone else and not hurt another in order to make money. Karma is a dangerous game to play. If anyone has any questions regarding my company please don't hesitate to call me anytime.
    Michelle McFall

2. Steve

Steve Administrator Owner

Ratings:
    +7,194 / 14
    I have no idea what you are rambling on about or who you are. I expect others who read this forum are in the same position.

If you are going to refer to "this website" then either explicitly point out what the problem is so I may address it properly or make it clear that it is not cancuncare (or any of my other sites) you are talking about... in which case your post has no value here.

Slander works both ways, you know.

3. unikarealty

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Response To This Post

CancunMole

I do not buy what this guy Dorel Vorindan is advertising. I sincerly doubt anyone would be listing a 450 million dollar property with this guy on this site.

also this listing here, the guy stole my image from my web site , the infinity pool photo

http://homes.point2.com/MX/Quintana-Roo/Cancun-Hotel-Zone/1803101-Real-Estate.aspx

I dealt with this guy when looking for my condo, he advertises things he does not have

I inquired on his viviun listing last month for a unit in BVG for $400,000, and guess what he has none for $400,000 and cheapest one he has is $490,000 and his listings are all lies

http://www.viviun.com/AD-110406/

4. Steve

Ratings:
    +7,194 / 14
    And what exactly does your personal issue with this guy have to do with my site cancuncare.com?

5. unikarealty

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Cancun Website

I was not slandering your website. My question was why did know one even question what this guy was stating. I love this site I used it myself when making my transistion here it was very helpful. But my concern is that when statements are made that thousands of readers read I would hope we would be careful that we do not destroy someones business without first verifying the information. I personally go to the source if I have issues I do not think it is very professional to hurt other people on a open forum in the end we both loose. I hope this clarifies your concern.

6. Steve

Ratings:
    +7,194 / 14
    Sorry, but it does not clarify my concern. Please do not refer to "this site" when you mean another website that has nothing to do with me. If you can link to a post on here that prompted your thread I can comment further.

I still have no idea what you are talking about. I believe Cancun Mole is a member at this site, but as far as I know he/she has not used this site to sell anything. Selling things is only by my approval and I am strict on what I allow people to sell.

If you have problems regarding stolen content from your website then you should use the proper legal process via DMCA.

I am moving this to the Living in Cancun Forum as it is a local issue.

7. CancunMole

CancunMole Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Re: Response To This Post

Whoa, Please know that I was not the one who wrote THAT post, it was directed to me based on what I had posted earlier. For the entire scenario please see the Slowing in New Construction thread here:

http://www.cancuncare.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=39579&start=0

ETA: Here is my response to that post:

Also, we bought a Casa and not a Condo!!!!

8. RiverGirl

RiverGirl Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Michelle - You could not pay me enough to be your editor. Please learn to use the paragraph return. Your writing is so profoundly obtuse that I have no idea what your real beef is.

If your problem is that other real estate agents here are sleazy and list properties they never had to attract clients, they do. So what. Real estate here is so competitive that it's really a pretty ugly business. It's not well regulated and the industry is full of folks who are desperate, so they act in unethical ways. The only way to beat them is to be better than they are, to not be petty and greedy and sleazy.

If your problem is that someone stole your photos and reused them on another web site, well, ask them to stop. As a web designer and a photographer I can tell you that I've had my photos stolen and reused on the web more times than I can remember. In the end, it's a back-handed compliment when someone steals your photo.

I've got a client in BVG and the photos I took of the pool area there have been stolen many times. The only thing to do if you think someone stole your photo is to ask them to stop.

I feel a bit guilty contributing to this thread because a) I think it's useless and b) I don't understand what the issue is. But I do think that your first post felt like an attack, albeit an extremely convoluted one. My advice is not to attack until you can form a coherent sentence.

9. Steve

Ratings:
    +7,194 / 14
    Ok a little clearer on what this is all about, but not much to be honest.

It seems Cancun Mole was not author of the post that annoyed you, rather he/she just replied to it and quoted the author. I dont feel the original authors comment was intended as malicious or slanderous either and was just pointing out a personal opinion.

I think probably the best thing to do with gripes such as this is to contact the person privately via PM or email rather than air it on the board.

10. Bonez

Bonez Addict Registered Member

The true birthplace of the greatest sport on froze
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    I have no axe to grind here but love to check out beefs.

The Dorel guy mentioned initially shows a web site. When you click on it suprise suprise it links you back to this gals service who is doing all the complaining. She is the owner and he is her listed broker.

Could we have someone trolling you site Steve stirring the pot for "FREE" publicity? Me thinkest so.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice