REALLY GOOD RESTAURANTS TO EAT LIKE SEAFOOD ETC.

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by geo in canada, Oct 31, 2007.

1. geo in canada

geo in canada Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    hi there everyone! i was just wondering about restaurants to eat when after shopping or something, like in the hotel zone area. i haven't been to cancun since 05' wilma struck when i was there just before she came., anyways, was wondering if there might be any new places to have a good seafood or itilian place or whatever. i thought of captain hooks, or something like that. if anyone that has been there recently, if maybe any pointers that would be great and thanx for your time,,,,,,,

2. 212eric

212eric Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Captain Hooks, I think you may have meant Captain's Cove, which is not in Centro (Downtown), it is in the Hotel Zone, so perhaps you were thinking of some other place all together?

I love seafood, and recommend that if you are looking for a very high end establishment in Downtown, you should go to La Habichuela. This is a Caribbean seafood restaurant with an beautiful outdoor garden area to dine and there's indoor space as well.

For a more low key atmosphere, Que Fish on Av. Bonampak is a good choice. This place is relatively new, with a more casual atmosphere and lower prices.

A wonderful Italian restaurant known as La Dolce Vita has a location in the Hotel Zone, as well as in Centro (Downtown). I love their food and consider the prices to be on the moderate side.

I can go on and on but I think it would be better to get other people's opinions. I just want to say that these are just my opinions, I am in no way endorsing any place over the other.

212eric
    CANCUN TOP 100

3. geo in canada

geo in canada Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    thanx for the reply and yes i actually mean the hotel zone, thanx

4. Ana

Ana Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Q Fish, Grill 14, Puerto Madero, Mocambo, Shrimp Bucket and Bubba Gump

5. geo in canada

geo in canada Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    hey there Ana thanx for the info....................cheers

6. GONZO

GONZO Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Is the Shrimp Bucket back in business?

7. Michael F.

Michael F. Moderator/1st CC Member Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Jim in Cancun reported a new one being built in 03/2007, and Ladylegs reported going there in 08/2007. Must be open! :)

8. Ana

Ana Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Yes

9. GONZO

GONZO Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanks for the info!! :p yummy

10. 212eric

212eric Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Q' Fish? I thought that place was located in Centro (Downtown) and not the Hotel Zone. Ana, can you say where Q' Fish is located more or less?

I think a good choice for local seafood in the HZ would be either El Fish Fritanga, just south of La Destileria and on the lagoon side.

or

Los De Pescado at Plaza Quetzal near Ty-Coz just west of the Presidente Intercontinental Hotel.

(For the record, I have not eaten at Los De Pescado in the HZ, I only recently learned they are there, perhaps someone can verify?).

212eric

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice