Realistic Rent in Hotel Zone

Discussion in 'Living in Cancun' started by BiznKitty, Mar 1, 2007.

1. BiznKitty

BiznKitty Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    What's a realistic rent in the HZ of a 2 bedroom 2 bath condo/apt. Not a penthouse or ocean view, but a furnished place that is clean where the electical and plumbing worked and the roaches are under control.

We're moving the end of May, but haven't yet really decided where we want to live. We probably won't decide until we've spent some time looking in the area, but it would be good to know what to expect.

We will have our FM3 and a reasonable retirement income...at least for Mexico.

Thanks for any input!

2. cunspin

cunspin Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Probably at least $2000.00 US per month rent is high in the HZ, Its even high Downtown.

3. BiznKitty

BiznKitty Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Well perhaps our reasonable retirement income isn't enough. I was thinking $1200 to $1500 max. We may have to get out of the big city and find us a fishing village somewhere. :)

4. gene37412

gene37412 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    check your private messages

5. MartinnVegas

MartinnVegas Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I've seen very nice condos 100 yards from the beach in the HZ for $1500. Something not that nice has to be cheaper.

6. Steve

Steve Administrator Owner

Ratings:
    +7,194 / 14
    I know people who live in the Pok to Pok area for less than 15,000 and thats with more bedrooms than two. I'd have thought you could get somewhere smallish with 2 beds for 12,000 a month or so.

Why not have a look downtown, there are lots of nice properties in that range, and just a few minutes from the zone, closer to supermarkets and amenities, less traffic jams to contend with.

In either case just have a good look round and see many places before deciding.

7. RiverGirl

RiverGirl Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    You will be fine here with your budget. Steve's advice is right on. Look around and see what feels good to you. And don't make long commitments to anything until you feel comfortable that you know the area a little bit.

8. ELLABEAR424

ELLABEAR424 Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I almost go a place in Pok ta Pok back in 96-97 and I believe it was $700 a month then. Maybe $800. Too long ago to remember but they were nice.
    I ended up downtown in S.M. 23 and I paid 300.00 for a fully furnished apartment with 2 bedrooms.
    Gosh I think it was S.M. 23 - my memory is bad. I do know that the Police station was close. But I think is was the Traffico Policia. :doh:
    ELLABEAR424

9. Elizabeth

Elizabeth Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    You actually might find that living downtown is a whole lot more convenient. Not to mention you can get a really nice place for a lot cheaper and really the beach is only 20 minutes away.

A lot of people that live in the Hotel Zone complain about having to travel back and forth to and from downtown to get what they want whether it be the gym, the supermarket, the doctor or going to a friend's house.

10. carrie77

carrie77 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Very true. I had a decent apartment behind the Coca Cola place on Chichen Itza for $3000. (pesos) and was happy with the location.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice