Realistic move for a bluecollar guy?

Discussion in 'Living in Cancun' started by Guinness Man, Mar 6, 2007.

1. Guinness Man

Guinness Man Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I'm seriously looking into going for it. Is it feasable for a construction / truckdriver to make a living in Cancun? I have no restrictions and if this is doable I'd appreciate any info. It doesn't seem like a place to make a living for someone like me. Please correct me if I'm wrong. Thanks.

2. Jim in Cancun

Jim in Cancun Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    You are not wrong. You will not be able to make a living at construction or truck driving in Cancun. Now if you want to sell timeshare, teach English or some other foreign language, sing and dance around the pool working for the entertainment dept. of an all inclusive hotel or hawk tours to tourists, you might make it. Except for selling timeshare and real estate, you might make as much as $500-$1,000 per month working long hours six days a week.

3. RiverGirl

RiverGirl Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Most of the "gringo" real estate agents here do not have permission from immigration to work, which is ridiculous, because Immigration is ridiculous. And we should all become Mexican like Jim did, so we don't have to deal with those people....

4. Guinness Man

Guinness Man Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I had to ask a few questions in this forum and thought I'd throw that one out there. It's just as I suspected. Thanks.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice