real estate agent

Discussion in 'Living in Cancun' started by gene37412, Nov 14, 2008.

1. gene37412

gene37412 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I have been trying to sell my apartment on my own for 3 or 4 months now. No luck...I guess it doesn't help that I only speak enough Spanish to get my face slapped but thats another story. Does anyone know of a real estate agent that can speak both English and Spanish, can be trusted, and won't try to charge an arm an a leg?

2. Susan in Cancun

Susan in Cancun Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    real estate

Call Carmen Bianca Pino. I'll send you a PM with her contact info.

3. gabesz

gabesz Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Where is the apartment located?

Also Carmen Bianca is the best contact for you who would be the best help.

4. gene37412

gene37412 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    the apartment is in SM 15 just down the road from the back side of sports city. Carmen is the person that helped me buy this place....she is a great person and I love her to death....but she wants 7%......I just think thats way too much

5. matkirk

matkirk Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hey,

Can you pm with more details about your apartment Gene when you have time.

thanks

Mat

6. RiverGirl

RiverGirl Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Any AMPI agent will charge you 7% because they all agree to follow the same commission scale. Besides that real estate transactions are such a pain in the ass here that agents need proper compensation. You see 7% as a lot of money. But the agent knows how often deals fall apart at the last minute here. Believe me 7% is fair if she brings you a buyer and closes a deal.

If you are not comfortable with Carmen then call Cyndi Ader. Cyndi has one of the best-indexed real estate sites here and is a real pro (she was Carmen's protege...).
    http://www.cancunpropertiesonline.com/

By the way, Cyndi is foster homing two adorable kitties that we found the other day. She's a great person. When the kits are a little more used to people we are going to try to find homes for them. They are part Siamese and are gorgeous!

7. Steve

Steve Administrator Owner

Ratings:
    +7,194 / 14
    I must admit 7% is kind of ridiculous whether it is standard or not. Gene, if Mat or anyone else from the forum decides to buy then I will only expect 5% for introducing them to you :wink:

8. gene37412

gene37412 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    The part about this agent thing that gets me is that they all say "I don't get all 7%...I have to spilt it with the other agent" Well folks thats not my fault, not my doing, and I am not going to pay for it. I want to hire one person to do one job, sell my apartment. For that job I am willing to pay a percentage. Now if the person I hire brings in another person thats not my responsibility and I won't pay for 2.

The deal I am offering is called a pocket listing back in the States. Here is my apartment, you can sell it if you can, but don't get anyone else involved because you are only getting paid for 1 person not 2. That offer is good for any anget in all of Cancun, or anyone else for that matter.

9. T.J.

T.J. I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    XYZ

XYZ

10. T.J.

T.J. I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Dollars for Pesos

XYZ

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice