RCI Restrictions on Blue Bay Points

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by Dave and Barb, Sep 10, 2008.

1. Dave and Barb

Dave and Barb Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    We just received a letter from RCI stating we can only transfer 60,000 points per year from any BBG time share purchased before Feb 29,2008 to use for their Points Partners program. We use these points to fly to our vacations as well as pay for the hotel. With this not only will it limit our ability to vacation but we don't see how we can use all our points in our contract period.

Has any one else received this? Any suggestions? Is the Blue Bay Group going to establish a means to book hotel and air through them using their points?

2. NTBABY

NTBABY Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Go to Temptation Lounge & click on the WATCH OUT PREMIER MEMBERS post. It has been discussed for a couple of months now. Join in our frustration :evil:

Scott & Lori

3. dr. ken

dr. ken Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    bluebay/premier

we are trying to put together a class-action lawsuit against blue bay and/or rci.
    are you intersted?
    dr. ken

4. Roy and Marie

Roy and Marie Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Clayton@VoegtleLaw.com is the lawyer that everyone is going with or at least have been contacted by and is getting a lawyer in New Jersey involved to take this to a federal level .

5. apodskalan

apodskalan Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Broken Contract

OK, I've done a lot of research on this and it seems that there are numerous websites about how upset everyone is since RCI/Blue Bay/Temptations/Desire changed our contracts. Why are we all here, when we should be collecting names and getting the ball rolling on a class action suit? I have contacted an attorney and am willing to do whatever it takes to either make RCI reverse their "points restrictions" or let us out of our contract AND give us back every dollar spent since they changed our contracts AND reverse any negative feedback given to credit reporting agencies. If you look through your contract, you should find what I did, NOTHING stating they have the right to ammend the contract if and when they wish. The only place you will find this is inside of the hotel directory book they would have mailed to you 8 - 10 weeks after signing the contract. This constitutes fraud and may also qualify us for breach of contract! I know economic times are tough, but isn't our credit and stress over mounting bills enough withouth this? "Let's Roll"; whose with me?

Blue Bay purchased the points from RCI for a wholesale rate and that is how they were able to offer so many points at such an enticing amount. We are actually considered third parties and those who purchased directly from RCI did not have these restrictions applied to them. We have been singled out and they have limited our use of our contracts, simply because they said so.

Please feel free to send me your names and addresses and I will begin the list. If my attorney requires anything further, such as contract information I hope that you will allow him to contact you. I have worked, as I am sure you have, to keep my credit clean and my bills paid. I hate having the phone ring and shuttering knowing it's them calling! Let's stop this now. I have already sent emails to them stating they are to cease and desist with their harrassing phone calls and emails. Please forward your basic information and tell them the same thing as I did. Let's all start standing up with ourselves, instead of just venting on internet/chat sites. Please send info to PhilipAnn Podskalan on Facebook. We will be updating this weekly! I see that there may be another lawyer involved and I will be researching this and posting my findings as well.

Sincerely and respectfully,

Ann Marie and Philip Podskalan

6. aocdavis1

aocdavis1 Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Blue Bay/RCI

I have just found your website and like you, I am in the middle of trying to work through the Bait and Switch sales practices at Blue Bay. Friends and I went to Blue Bay in Dec 2007 and thought we had bought a great product. Wrong! Our first thought was publicity. We started a website www.bluebaycancunmexico.com. Information has been sent to all news programs at ABC, NBC, CBS, and Fox and 5 travel magazines. We then took the contract to one of the leading contractual law firms in DC. They reviewed the contract and proclaimed it garbage. They are looking into the best Mexican atty to pass this too. However, we found out last week that Blue Bay is not a real corporation but a shell....owned by RCI...now we have a US firm to sue. We have also filed with Profeco (MX consumer affairs). A formal complaint was also filed with the FTC and the Commerce Dept. Blue Bays counsel is shocked that someone would go to such lengths....they haven't seen anything yet! Yes, we would be delighted to look at a class action....they need to know that Bait and Switch doesn't work! Please feel free to contact me at aocdavis@verizon.net.

7. apodskalan

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thank goodness!

A ray of light finally. I have put out so many feelers with no responses. I contacted one of the attorneys I found through this site who was willing to look into Blue Bay. Unfortunately, as soon as I told him that I was financially able to help until this is finalized, I never heard from him again. I am VERY interested in pursuing this. I hate getting emails and phone calls demanding money. I changed the terms of the contract, method of payment, after they changed the terms. Up until that point, I was making automatic payment withdrawals and was in very good standing with them. What a shame they felt the need to do this to everyone.

Please keep me in mind. I tried to go to the website you offered, but was directed to wait 48 hours.

I agree Blue Bay/RCI/Whoever needs to be taught a lesson. A contract is a contract, is a contract. Violating the terms of a contract, by any party, should hold severe consequences. All I want back is the money I put into it, to have my credit restored and any and all attorneys fees paid. If it wasn't for them I would not have to be going through this to begin with!

Ann Marie

8. aocdavis1

aocdavis1 Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I was just able to go to the site. Try http://www.bluebaycancunmexico.com
    Have you found an attorney interested in a class action? Mine is a contract atty who says that their contract would not stand up in court and now we are trying to move in the correct direction. Things really changed when we found out that it is actually RCI. I contacted the atty that is finishing(and won) a class action against RCI to see if he would be interested in another.... but he says not yet. Are you working with one yet?

9. apodskalan

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I haven't found an attorney yet as I have just been in a blur with this whole thing. I guess I just kind of got down on it due to the lack of response. Now that I know there are others, I feel much more optimistic! If the attorney you know isn't ready for another fight with them, does he have someone he could recommend. I used to have a great contact with a group here in Orlando, Morgan and Morgan. They used to be Morgan, Colling and Gilbert. However, they don't handle these types of cases. I will see if I can look into it. John Morgan's has turned out to be one of the Orlando Law Firms who loves to fight on behalf of the "little guys." I'll see what I can find out and post it as soon as I have something.

10. Slotman

Slotman Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +21 / 0
    I just came across this thread. Has anyone here checked out www.desirenakedtruth.com ? The site was started by current & former Premier sales staff and other insiders. The site has been in existence for a couple weeks now and they already have over 110 members. They have posted the Premier sales staff & manager's training guide for all to see and have links to several othe complaints. I highly suggest checking it out and posting on that site since it is totally dedicated to people like us that have been scammed by Premier & RCI.
    I too am very interested in joining in a class action suit and was in steady contact with an attorney out of Illinois Clayton Voegtle (Clayton@VoegtleLaw. com) that is attempting to organize people in a class action suit against RCI. The only problem is he is asking people to commit anywhere between $500 to $2,500 just in case the suit fails and RCI comes back looking for restitution of legal fees. I am very hesitant to commit, based on the fact I am already out $30K to Premier. I was foolish enough to pay up front! I can be reached at kf327@aol.com if anyone wants any more info.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice