RCI has found another way to cheat us again

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by Jim and Kathy in Ohio, Jan 12, 2008.

1. soonn

soonn Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Remember this posts from Jan 2008.

Should one of us be calling the "Tonight Show" by now?

You know, RCI share may drop at least 1 point.

2. hot4l69

hot4l69 Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +10 / 0
    How legal is this.Do we/did we actually have a contract with RCI ?And don't forget the membership fee that continues to increase.We have tried to book certain places and we were told there was a 2 year wait list.We used alot of points flying in the past and only paying the 49 dollar fee.I'm glad we used what we did when we did because now we will most likely just pay out of pocket and book over the internet.But once again HOW LEGAL IS THIS....?

3. pjsplay

pjsplay Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    hot, you are looking at how legal is it in Mexico??? We bought a very small package to get our vacations for the next 6 years. I used it in May to go, traded points and airfare still costs me 211 bucks for 2 people, not as bad as it could have been, but not the 49 dollars they had promised. Ran into a small problem changing points over, and Chris took care of it and all was well. We are going again in September, I used our AI fee we paid as part of this trip, but, the days come off our contract......since they used our bonus week for me and Michelle in May.

Now, as far as being legal, how do I finish this?? use up my days and be done with it?? I dont think I am going to continue to pay the 499 a year for the AI fees, if we are not getting a break on anything? Like I told my husband, we will just have to settle for the room by the quiet pool......and stand in line to make dinner reservations??

4. Ricky 101

Ricky 101 Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    I paid $145.00 to RCI and used 75,000 point for a RT from LAX. Actual ticket price was like $680.00.
    I also have three weeks at Temptations, so book one room for me and invite freinds for the other two rooms. They just pay to all inclusive fee, and Temptaions gave me a credit of the $499.00 maintance fee to apply to my reservation cost.
    I was also a bit sceptical of the programs and if they were a deal, bit if I continue to get these prices, I actually save around $1,500 on my week, get to give a good deal to friends.
    As a single, and like the deluxe ocean veiw rooms, I paid around $2,400.00 a couple of years ago for the room and air.
    Just my 2 pesos.

5. pjsplay

pjsplay Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Ricky, the thing with that scenerio, is that they may put a cap on how many points you can use a year....limit of 60,000, as a single probably a good deal for you, but if my husband and I want to go there, it will be more points than we can transfer, and we still will have to pay the AI for our nights there, they did use the 499 maint fee, that is in the contract. I think my problem may be in not being able to transfer enough points so that our airfare is covered.....

with what we will have to pay for the AI fee and the airfare, it would be very close to what we would have paid with Apple Vacation, or if we booked with alpharooms and got our own airfare...again, you can look for those AI fees to increase next year. I got in the deal for September at last years prices.

Another wait and see thing I suppose......or as I read somewhere "You live and learn??"

6. infidel

infidel Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Dear Mitchell:
    We kindly inform you that RCI Website is under construction by this moment; however you will have access again in a couple of weeks. In the incoming days you are going to receive notification regarding to this issue.
    We appreciate your understanding in this matter.
    Best Regards,

This is a reply I recieved a couple of weeks ago from Dulce Mendoza/Premeir service center & haven't heard anything since.
    Now to be honest I'm not sure what I bought or what it's worth because I was pretty drunk at the time(Jan.'06) & my wife at the time said it was a good deal. (I lost the wife but kept the points)
    I do know that I spent around $12,000 for several million points (I think) & am just now doing anything with them.It's costing me $1054.44 for me & my girlfriend to spend 8days\7nights at TTR + airfare which I'm paying $650.00 for 2 R\T's on a startup airline out of Austin,TX called VIVA AREOBUS. So right now it's not looking all that bad especially since I don't even know what I've got. I work overseas & will be home next month for a few days before I come down to TTR so I will go over my contract & then bring it w\me so the timeshare guys can tell me what all those little letters really mean.
    But you know, thinking back through the haze of that day in the sales office it sure seems like the guy said something about them renting out my bonus weeks for my AI & maintenance payments?????????Was anyone else told this?Or just wishfull drinking......I mean thinking on my part.

7. Ricky 101

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    Hi Penny and Curt. "Live and learn" . Boy does that fit the situation.
    I have pondered selling this thing I have, but, it is paid for.
    As long as I get to go to Cancun once a year, and have freinds join me is nice.
    Would I ever sign up for one of these programs again?
    Tell you what, I buy the gun, you shoot me.
    I think RCI loads enough points a year to allow me to fly. Think i got 1.8 million left to be used by 2026.
    Will not matter if the Mayan Calender is correct in 2012.
    I can understand when there are two people trying to use points. You have to buy them to make it work,
    "You have to buy them".
    Somewhere the allure of the program got lost once you signed up.
    The bloody marys were good, and can get one at 8 am now.
    Funny thing is, I held out for the longest time. I wanted to see how the air travel worked, so actually got to go to the main mans office and see how the air travel worked on his computer. At the time it was raining and water was landing on his desk. I am roofer,and have seen the roofs
    there, told him they are a cluster fuck. He actually asked if I can fix it.
    My response, I am on vacation and it would take a crew of 10 guys 3-4 weeks to solve your problems the right way.
    Any way, you can expect to see me and pals late fall once a year.
    Ricky

8. Ricky 101

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    Infidel, I was told the same thing, you can sell your weeks if you do not use them.
    Funny thing is, they are no longer accepting applications to sell your weeks due to the high number of requests they have recieved.
    They will be happy to give you other contacts who will attemt to sell your weeks, for a fee of course, weather or not they sell.
    My advice, go once a year and bring pals to fill the rooms you have, and work those points with RCI.
    I am fortunate to have another destination I go to in the Spring, which has nothing to do with RCI.
    I can not wait to see the place as it is finished. Was there during construction last Dec.
    Nice thing is the people. This is why we return over and over. All the cool ass easy going fun people you meet.
    No matter what the situation is as to how you get there, once you get there, all is good.
    Ricky

9. Knakrd

Knakrd Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I`m sorry to hear of these problems in to-days world with timeshare, or whatever they call it now, and RCI shenanigans.
    I had the same problems after my purchase in 1979 in Florida, the worst investment I ever made, but the wife thought it was the best thing since sliced bread, so like a fool I bought into it.
    I encounted the exact same circumstances back then, being ripped off, left right and centre.

Told them in 1992 to get lost, I`d had enough.

On my first visit of four to BBG - TEMPTATIONS in 2003, went on the " Tour " just to see what they had " cooked up now " to entice people to spend their well earned money. I was not impressed.
    Told the " Salesman " I was not interested. He got in a snit, saying I was a fool for not buying a vacation for $10 a night.
    I can purchase the package with air included from Canada for far less than it would have cost to buy into their proposal.

As some one posted, we live and learn. I sure did.!!!

10. infidel

infidel Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    RCI's website is accessable again.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice