RAP, CANDI, & VIDAS = FREE STERILIZATION

Discussion in 'Living in Cancun' started by CancunTom, Oct 5, 2008.

1. CancunTom

CancunTom Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    The RAP (Respecte, Ayuda, Protege [Respect, Help, Protect], CANDI (Cats and Dogs International) & VIDAS organizations held a 5 day neuter/spay (sterilization) Free Clinic in the Bonfil district of Cancun. This project was to provide to those animal owners that cannot afford to pay for it, free sterilization of their dogs and cats. They accepted dogs and cats from owners in both Cancun & Isla Mujeres.
    They sterilized over 250 dogs and cats during this 5 day event. They also gave each animal a rabies shot, and new collar & leash, a Front Line flea and tick application, and trimming of their nails.
    One dog in need, do to a run in with a car, had one of it's front legs amputated, successfully.
    Suz, my wife, is a retired surgical RN, was a volunteer for 3 days and worked in the surgical recovery area. All of the helpers were volunteers.
    The veterinarian doctors and nurses paid their own way to Cancun from the USA, as well as their accommodations while here.
    These three co-operating organizations are doing a lot of good work here in Cancun. They are in need of donations in order to keep on doing this good work. Please contribute if you are an animal lover or not, the web link to RAP's web site, which is in spanish is: http://www.respetaayudayprotege.org/

VIDAS stands for "International Veterinarians Dedicated to Animal Health" and the link to their web site is: http://www.vidas.org/

The link to the CANDI project is: http://www.candiinternational.org/prog_projcancun.html

Please try to help them out. Here are some pictures of this past weeks work here in Cancun:

THE CLINIC
    [​IMG]

OPERATING ROOM
    [​IMG]

SURGERY IN PROGRESS

[​IMG]

SOME PATIENTS IN RECOVERY
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

SUSIE TRIMMING SOME NAILS

[​IMG]

SUZIES FAVORITE PATIENT
    [​IMG]

THIS DOG'S COAT WAS SO MATTED WITH MUD IT TOOK TWO HOURS TO TRIM IT OFF.

[​IMG]

PLEASE HELP IF YOU CAN!
    THESE 250+ ANIMALS ARE NOW STERILIZED AND WILL GREATLY REDUCE THE FUTURE POPULATION OF STREET DOGS, AND FERAL CATS, IN THE CANCUN AREA.
    THANK YOU IN ADVANCE.

2. RiverGirl

RiverGirl Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I want to thank Tom and Suz for their support of this great cause. I also want to thank Jim In Cancun for his generous donation to RAP, that money will be put to good use.

I am redesigning the RAP website and hope to have it ready for public viewing in the next week or two.

3. Jim in Cancun

Jim in Cancun Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanks for the additional information and pic-report. Keep up the good work!!

4. CancunCanuck

CancunCanuck Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Big thanks to RAP for sterilizing my baby boys (er, ex-boys), great work by everyone. Tom, I missed the party because my little ones had their surgery on Saturday afternoon, so was doing my own recovery room here, sorry I missed it! Big hugs to Suz for her efforts and to Rivergirl who put in so much time and effort as well. Jim, you are a good man.

All you rich folk out there, get out your wallets and help out this great organization!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice