*Rant* Mexican parking techniques

Discussion in 'Living in Cancun' started by Steve, Sep 11, 2007.

1. RiverGirl

RiverGirl Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Driving in Mexico is a contact sport!

2. T.J.

T.J. I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Steve (and others)

I have a great place for body work (unless Drew is in town of course) that I have used 3 times for various bumps.

I do not have my Telcel phone with me at the moment but the guys name is Max and the shop is called Automortriz or something like that. PM me if you need the exact name and phone as I will have that phone handy tomorrow night.

If you are at Uxmal & Chichen, head up Uxmal. When you get to Lopez turn right and it is about 2 blocks on the right. I have referred Max to other people who were more than happy with his work. He is Mexican but speaks perfect English. Take your pick. Not the Queen's English mind you.

3. Steve

Steve Administrator Owner

Ratings:
    +7,194 / 14
    Thanks TJ that would be useful.

The English is not so much of a problem, car repairs are Jannets Dept as I always get charged the Gringo price.

4. T.J.

T.J. I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Parking in Cancun

This won't stop your car from getting banged into but my ex just got this new Lexus car and the damn thing parks itself. Of course it has the GPS screen but from there you can go to several other options, including parking. You pretty much select the option and it will sense curbs and cars in front and behind and get you within a certain (predetermined when you set up this feature) and it just parks itself. She keeps a foot on the brake for precautions but it is not necessary.

It's the damndest thing I have ever seen and the most vane option for the super vane. Did I mention my ex, Ms Vaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaane.

I bet even Drewbert does not one of these options on his Tsuru GL.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice