Rant about the US for a change :)

Discussion in 'Living in Cancun' started by jenleib, Mar 17, 2009.

1. jenleib

jenleib Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I am just back from Florida.... Wonderful stay, and I bought a little jewel (Toshiba at Compusa), a DVD drive and some other useless things :D

The problems started on my return.... Of course, it is so complicated that I can't get it work properly. Toshiba are nice and helpful, although they don't know well the products that are on the market :roll:

Compusa are very unpleasant. Actually they were so already at the store, and I bought it because I had no time to go elsewhere... and I fell in love with it :wink: I got no help, except from the manager in the store (sorry, I don't put my money in the universe only because a computer (or anything else) is nice-looking), and none from the customer service, the jewel is only a few days old!!!

As for HP, it is the worst service I have ever seen, and I am talking about the US, not Cancun. I have already spent hours on the phone, on several numbers (thanks to Skype), they send you from one side to another, I don't have yet an answer to my question and I am afraid I will never get it :evil:

Sometimes... sigh... I complain when I can't get work done here, but I was expecting otherwise there...

2. Steve

Steve Administrator Owner

Ratings:
    +7,194 / 14
  3. jenleib

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hahaha! In your situation, you have sense of humor, good!

No, no luck! It is too potentially wonderful, and remember I am in love :lol: but I am thinking of selling my really wonderful Fujitsu. However, it is more than 3 years old (hence the purchase) and I am not ready yet.

I really wish you the best of luck with the police, and a prompt emotional recovery, Steve.

4. T.J.

T.J. I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I just bought two new Toshiba Satellite laptops and have ZERO problems. I bought them in Florida at Best Buy. I have also bought many items at CompUSA but not too long ago they filed for bankruptcy and have reopened the store near my Florida home. Most are still called CompUSA but some are called Tiger Direct. They have great buys and I have had great service from the sales agents who patiently answer my stupid questions.

Jenlieb - What is your computer doing or not doing that you think is not right? Just curious.

5. jenleib

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Right, right, TJ, it seems that Compusa merged with Tiger Direct. I was surprised to see some clients with TD documents in the store. I thought it was an online store? not many physical stores left.... My invoice is from CompUSA.

I went to Florida knowing exactly what I wanted (MSI 1kg/10" screen) after days or months looking online. Well.... it seems that that too is sold only online, but for such a tiny thing I wanted to see and touch the keys.

So I crossed the street several times from Best Buy to Compusa to compare what they had. They are great at BB, unfortunately they didn't have the best little bug, and THEY sent me to Compusa to buy an ACER. That's when I saw it (Protege R500), 1 kg too, 12" screen but I can plug a giant one, and I can put it in my purse. I know now it is worth the price difference for its great features!

So I started with my long list of not stupid questions about the specs, since it was not one I had seen on internet before.

The manager (since the salesman considered I should buy such a nice-looking guy without questions, and left yelling) gave me all the info, and said there is no internal DVD drive. Ok, so I buy one, and between a totally unknown name and HP, I chose it, bad decision. I had no time to go to another location, but if they virtually don't exist anymore, they should be the same?

It is not that it doesn't work, but I have a lot a settings to do, and I have much more important matters to worry about right now, so I called Toshiba, who said ALL OUR MODELS HAVE AN INTERNAL DVD DRIVE. Ha, mine doesn't :roll: . And I should have a cd with the system restore on it, which I don't have either, thus I have to create one very soon..

So I call compusa, as unpleasant at the customer service as in the store, and say THIS model doesn't and you have to call Toshiba. Ok, ok :evil: No problem, I bought one!

I called HP to know if I had to update the driver. Because when I go to their site, my model is not listed and I am kicked to a Generic :mad: A thousand calls and message in the forum later, I still don't have the information. I guess I will have to live without it.

I have not finished my settings, I had to let it a bit down, but we get used to each other, so hopefully I will get everything ok soon.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice