RACIAL PROFILING MUST STOP? Why?‏

Discussion in 'Free For All' started by Michael F., Feb 13, 2010.

1. Zackman

Zackman I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Your reference to me in your post to someone else is a strange way to show humor & offer an olive branch. And yes, I thought we were done with that particular thread yet it was brought up again (not by me).
    Okay, no problem and of course its nothing personel.

In an objective way, comparisons are fair and made all the time when discussing Healthcare issues and who's responsible to pay for it (Government vs Private). I believe that if you had carefully read the entire thread in context, you might have seen the comparisons were not a slam against any country but a rebuttal to those who argue one country's system is significantly better vs that which exists in the US. Michael Moore did this in his movie "Sicko" where he used these type of comparisons to show the American system as broken. I don't see the American system as broken; it just needs to be improved to foster more competition and cost savings.

Now, back to the topic at hand....

Last edited: Feb 17, 2010
  2. twinimini

twinimini I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +63 / 0
    Bob,

Last night I checked my daughters' history books to see what the modern day take on the War of 1812 was. I was surprised to see that it wasn't biased. Basically it stated the American victories, Lake Erie and York, and the American defeats, Detroit and Washington, and took the tact that there really was no winner or loser. The final statement about the war was that the British objectives were met in Europe and, therefore, there was no need to continue the war in North America. Of course, our area, Western New York and the Niagara Shore of Ontario didn't draw a mention, but we're used to that!

3. B & B

B & B Guru Registered Member

The Hub of the Niagara Pennisula, Ontario
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Ed

It's funny, I checked the whole war of 1812 in Wikipedia, and I was completely wrong. Their version is similar to yours, the whole war was basically a draw and the reason for the war in 1814 had completely disappeared.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2010
  4. jmg944t

jmg944t Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I shouldn't be posting here as I don't have the Desire to see it through but here goes...

The same conflicts have been going on for all of history, we have just expanded the playing field to encompass most of the globe.

Differences of beliefs in a diety have killed more people than anything else ever.

History is written by the winner/geographical location of the reader. As an example, N. Korean people still think they are fighting and winning a war.

Now for why I am posting. Most of what goes on is in support of an agenda, pay attention to the news NOT on your screen. The purpose of Gov't is to pretend to fail. Why does no Gov't program work? Why do only 545 people continue to get elected to keep everything F'ed up? How can that be?

Republican vs Democrat, white vs black, union vs non. Its all the same crap. Meanwhile our liberty is taken from us without a whisper. Obama and Bush did/are doing exactly the same things...

Here is a little Carlin clip that might get you thinking.

[ame=]YouTube - George Carlin ~ The American Dream

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 10, 2017
  5. Steve

Steve Administrator Owner

Ratings:
    +7,193 / 14
  6. us2933

us2933 I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +124 / 0
    Steve thats class, the American Dream is the worlds nightmare lol

7. J4

J4 Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +38 / 0
    Wow, double hate of American's! Steve, it's a privilege to be able to use your website and I love the people of all nationalities that we have met through here, but the "American Hate" that’s developing through this thread is ridiculous. This is not a political forum for this and it frankly pisses me off. Much of your income is generated from American's (and Brits and Canadians etc). Iif you let this continue it may affect your ability to manage those relationships in the future. We all have our opinions and are entitled to them, but is this the route you want to allow this board to take? Just sayin'.

8. twinimini

twinimini I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +63 / 0
    I have to agree with Joe that I can't believe you hate Americans so much when your livelihood depends on American dollars. The discussion was going along fairly civily when Les starts calling people terrorists. I guess the UK must have a lot different definitions because Les thinks that US presidents are terrorists and that Wales isn't part of Europe. Maybe you should add a banner to the top, NO YANKS!

9. Steve

Steve Administrator Owner

Ratings:
    +7,193 / 14
    My last comment was requoting George Carlin's (an American) closing line in the youtube video posted by jmg (another American) as I thought it quite poignant and something for people to think about. I'll bet you didnt even watch the clip otherwise you would have realised that and wouldnt have got so offended.

I never said I hated Americans, far from it. I probably have more American friends here than any other nationality.

What I dont like is arrogance*. I dislike arrogant Brits as much as I dislike arrogant Canadians, arrogant Mexicans and arrogant Americans. But so far in this thread the only people appearing arrogant to me happen to be from the USA.

*Arrogance: offensive display of superiority or self-importance; overbearing pride.

10. diamondheaded

diamondheaded I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 1
    may i be bold enough to jump into the fire here ?

:)

ive always heard that there are two subjects that you can never discuss candidly in an open forum without some bloodshed lol

those two subjects are

politics and religon

may i add one more?

talking about another persons affiliations (their religon, their children, and of course their country)

in other words...........were i an australian i get to bash australians as much as i like - but if i am not an australian and start bashing australians to their faces in a disresptful tone - then - at the very least i got to expect every australian on the planet to stand their ground ------------> in an arrogant and proud manner to boot!!!.............and rightfully so

i always said methodists can talk about methodists and catholics can talk about catholics - but methodists cant talk bad to catholics and likewise catholics cant about methodists

as an american i own/accept the fact that my country has made its share of mistakes and trust me you will find me in agreement with you on a lot more than you could ever imagine :)

but on the flip side the harsh reality for each and everyone of us is were it not for my country and the countless generations brave people ( incuding my grandfather) who have fought and died on foreign soil to save ALL of us from any number of evils

then quite honestly - im not sure any of us would even be having this discussion

so while we all can very easily agree that there are things america can do better - lets also temper it with a tad bit of grattitude as well as not every american is an arrogant war mongering bumbling idiot which unfortunately many completely misinformed ignorant fools perceive

now as i recall the thread was about racial profiling correct?

a fair topic for a free for all i would say? :)

and i would certainly think that due to the dynamics of our present day reality - in my opinion its a blinding glimpse of the obvious - racial profiling is a must - anything less would be arrogant utopian idealism

the best

rob

Last edited: Feb 19, 2010
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice