Quit Smoking Therapy

Discussion in 'Free For All' started by Lenni & Jodie, Mar 18, 2015.

1. Nikki&Ira

Nikki&Ira Secretary of Octoberbreast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +921 / 6
    I was 13 year old when I had my first cigarette, I smoked nearly a pack a day for 20 years. I tried to quit about 8 or 9 times over the years (mostly in the last few years). My longest quit was about 7 months....until this last one.

Ira and I have been quit now for 15 months. It wasn't easy. I had ridiculous anxiety for months. I miss smoking sometimes because it was such a huge part of my life. I can't say that I feel much better but we saved about $8500 in the last 15 months! I'm very happy to be done with it. Not one puff ever.

PS We used the Nicoderm patch....hated the store brand ones.

Nikki

2. PaulnTina

PaulnTina Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 0
    I smoked for 30 years and was smoking 2 packs a day. Never thought about quitting. Then i reunited with Tina. She told me she would not be involved with a smoker. A simple decision..... what was more important, a cigarette or being with the one i loved since high school. I quit cold turkey. Though i did use an e cig for 3 months. Like others have said, you have to want to quit. We all have that motivating factor, we just need to find what it is. I was diagnosed with stage 3 lung cancer 10 months after i quit. I had part of my left lung removed and lost a vocal cord as well. Im happy I made the decision to quit before my diagnosis, my relationship saved my life in many ways.

3. Deleted member 12579

Deleted member 12579 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I used these and quit for over 4 years
    NICORETTE® Lozenges | Convenient & Effective Stop Smoking Aid | NICORETTE®

However. I was as hooked on them as I was cigarettes. I never stopped them and talked with my doctor about being hooked on them. She said. well its not cigartetts and nicotine alone is about as harmful as caffine in coffee, then the stupid ass Nicorette recalled them because someone complained that not every lozenge was the exact same size (dose). Gone off the shelves for over a year. I then went to vaping. As far as I am concerned it was worse than smoking. Many studies are saying its not good for you. I coughed more on the vape than cigaretts and felt just as bad the next moring if not worse. I went back to smoking from vaping and for me at least I knew what cigaresttes were doing to me. who knows what the vaping is going to do maybe nothing but until its regulated, I'm staying away. This is just my personal opinion about vaping. try the mints. They are minty fresh. You just park it similar to the gum and off you go!!.

4. Lovingcpl4fun1822

Lovingcpl4fun1822 Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +69 / 0
    I'm in the very early stages of trying to quit, AGAIN! Haven't had a cigarette since Saturday so this is day 4 of no nicotine at all. Just quit cold turkey. [emoji16][emoji16][emoji16]
    I have been exercising for a couple of years now and I eat healthy so once again I'm trying to kick the smoking habit. I have replaced it with running. I would always try to run a little when working out but couldn't go very long because I'd get so winded and couldn't get my breathing under control. Now with only days of no smokes under my belt I have been able to run over twice as long as I ever have before! During the day at work I have been eating mints, never smoked much while at work anyway so it's the easiest part of the day to me. Just try not to have too much idle time on my hands at home.

Tomorrow being St. Patty's Day and partying at our favorite pub will be the true test! Wish me luck!!! [emoji256][emoji891][emoji481][emoji891][emoji256]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. PaulnTina

PaulnTina Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 0
    I use the money I used to spend on smoking to pay for our trips to TTR every year, makes it even more worthwhile for quitting, perhaps an extra trip to TTR a year might be a motivating factor for someone :)

6. Jamie

Jamie Mayor of Temptation Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,168 / 5
    Baby carrots... 100 calories a hand full and can give your hands and mouth something to do in public that doesn't kill you otherwise...

Good luck and stay strong... the only thing that has kept me from starting again at times is the amount of disappointment I would cause others in my life. :)

Jamie

7. Lukegainz

Lukegainz Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Just got to grind through, take up a new hobby

8. mrbreeze317

mrbreeze317 Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +144 / 0
    awww, it's easy to quit, I oughta know, I've done it about eight times

9. Donna & Tim

Donna & Tim I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,605 / 6
    We both quit smoking a couple of times. She smoked when we first met I didn't and had quit a couple of years prior to meeting her. She quit sometime around the first kid we had. Both of us started smoking cigars/cigarillos 25ish years later after my boss at the time brought me back some cigars from the islands. We smoked for 7 to 8 or so years after that, me out of control 3 packs a day at the end from sheer boredom from sitting around doing nothing with a recovery from a couple of shoulder injury's and surgery's. After the company I work for which is where we get our health insurance from doubled the rates of the people that test positive for nicotine in a yearly blood test we quit again, both times cold turkey. The $$$ saved is more than enough to cover our TTR trips. Now if I can get my 2 kids to quit I would be a happy camper.

T

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice