Quit Smoking Therapy

Discussion in 'Free For All' started by Lenni & Jodie, Mar 18, 2015.

1. DerekandKelsey

DerekandKelsey Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +151 / 0
    Hey Lenni/Jodie,

Long time no speak.

Different things will work for different people. However, it really is kind of silly to be using NRT (nicotine replacement therapy) to quit smoking. You're essentially feeding yourself the drug you are trying to quit. I finally had some success with the pill and have been smoke free for just over 5 months.

What I did (and I don't recommend doing it if dollars are tight) is I rewarded myself after two months of being smoke free. I bought myself a Rolex, which served a number of purposes.. The main two being "this is your reward" and "if you remain a non smoker, this will pay for itself many times over". Every time I find myself getting the itch, I just have to look at my wrist and marvel in the beautiful timepiece I can now afford.

All the best. It really does get easier.

2. twinimini

twinimini I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +63 / 0

You're headed on the right path. I think all of us that smoked suffered from GTDSWMPS. That's got to do something with my paws syndrome. Breaking the habit of smoking while doing one of those things will eventually lead you to not thinking that you HAVE to have a smoke every time you're on the phone or in your car or whatever.

Keep plugging. We are all pulling for you.

3. ScubaSteve

ScubaSteve CCC's The Dude Registered Member

Ratings:
    +6,166 / 7
    Happy to hear everyone success stories, and for everyone that is trying, I wish you the best! If we are every together, and I know you are trying to stop, I will have your back and not smoke as well when we are together.

I guess I have it a bit easier than most, because I honestly feel like I am not addicted. I am more than a social smoker, but less than hard core. There were times when I was full time. I started when I was 17, and never really stopped at age 32. Right now I probably smoke less than two packs a week, but it is really just on the weekends. At my old job I smoked M-F at work, because other people did too. We went outside to BS, but also sometimes for important work discussions. At my new job, I don't like the few people that do smoke, so I don't feel the need to go out. My smoking now is basically just the weekends.

The reason I say I don't feel I am addicted, is I have gone full weeks without a cigarette many times, and it hasn't bothered me. Even when I was smoking at the most. I just don't really crave cigarettes. I smoke because I like to. I smoke because I choose to. I want to go outside and I want to have a nice drink and smoke a cigarette.

Last time Elyse was pregnant, she quit cold turkey and it wasn't really a problem. With the next kid she will do the same thing, so I guess I will just stop too. Then after, we just won’t pick it up again.

Now I am not going to say I will never have another cigarette, but I will have stopped smoking. So like if I am on vacation or a night out, it might be something I do a few times during that period and that’s it.

4. USTWO

USTWO Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 0
    like what has been posted, you have to really want to quit to have a chance at quitting. for me, a two pack a day smoker it was waking up one night gasping for air.I quit cold turkey. they say it takes 3 days for the nicotine to leave your body, so why people would use the patch or gum which puts nicotine back into your body confuses me. ( not knocking people who try these methods) by all means do what ever you can to help kick the habit. it took me about 21 days to lose the urge for a cigarette, that being said, after 12 years of being smoke free I still will get a graving for a cigarette if the smoke from a smoker hits me in a certain way. I keep telling my self that i'm only one cigarette away from two packs a day. Best of luck to all of you who are trying to quit. its not easy but well worth the effort.

5. lowrider86

lowrider86 Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +49 / 0
    Started when I was 14, at least a pack a day, ( 60) this July! Was told by Dr. I have COPD. Last smoke was July 5th 2014. Still smoke free and fricking fat!! 35 lbs added to me, but I'm saving about 200.00 dollars a month. Going to use the extra cash for liposuction

6. Donald

Donald Devil's advocate Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,133 / 2
    New anti-smoking device know available.

[​IMG]

Also available in Red

7. Lenni & Jodie

Lenni & Jodie The Unicorn Hunters Registered Member

Ratings:
    +26 / 2
    Lol put that in Monique then pour a bunch of Zambuca shots in front of her

8. kmontoya

kmontoya I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +133 / 0
    not smoking added a good 25 lbs on me. lipo hummmm.

9. mercyinnh

mercyinnh Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Start vaping!! E-vapes are the way to go! You can start at a higher nicotine level and work your way down to zero!

Smells a lot better and is healthier! :)))

10. Donald

Donald Devil's advocate Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,133 / 2

Thats just mean,,,,,,,for Glen.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice