Quick Trip Report

Discussion in 'Temptation Resort Reviews' started by Garry n Jo, Mar 18, 2019.

1. teamDMFP

teamDMFP Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +566 / 1
    Problem is unless you're a member or staying in the tower, it's another $25/person/day for the rooftop I think...

2. teamDMFP

teamDMFP Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +566 / 1
    Honestly, the main reason we go every year isn't because of the resort - it's because it's the same place where all our friends are! I love the fact that when we go around Memorial Day, we'll easily know by face (and/or name lol), at least 50 people there...

3. bamoore

bamoore Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +402 / 1
    the best description I've seen for the pre-reno resort

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  4. Jen&Kyle

Jen&Kyle I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +6,396 / 12
    We are going to spend more time up there this trip for sure. Partially bc of the group having gatherings up there and partly because it is a more intimate nicer environment. Keep hoping it catches on. Wish the Friday night pool party was up there. I mean there are 2 hot tubs!

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  5. Cheers2US

Cheers2US Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +617 / 2
    Hi there,

We were there around the same time as you (Mar 6-13; I'm working on a trip review) I agree with a lot of what you wrote. We had a great time, as always - no huge complaints, but we might opt for another resort for our next vacation. The pool games used to be so much more risqué (simulated sex positions, imitate your girlfriend/wife's screams of ecstasy, "newlywed game" type format... ) and therefore much more fun and engaging. The pool games now are OK, but just not nearly as fun.

I didn't think they presented the Playmakers as well as they used to. In the past, they'd announce each one, one by one, so you got to know who was who by name. This time around, they just announced all the names at once, so it was hard to associate who was who. We liked Natascha and Vanessa a lot; they were so friendly and seemed genuinely happy to see us. Papichulo - I had mixed feelings. On Boogie Night, he was great; he hung out with us, asked about our previous visits, about our kids... he was super friendly. However, when he was doing pool games, his mic skills aren't that great and he didn't seem to play the crowd well. But he was good eye-candy for the ladies, so there's that!

I will try to post a trip report soon, but the overall feeling for us was: great visit, lots of fun, great value for the money, but .... for us, it didn't feel as feisty and flirtatious as it used to.

6. Stacia_and_John

Stacia_and_John T&A Tour Guide Registered Member

Ratings:
    +4,611 / 14
    It's close enough to the same that it's still the most fun place we've ever been for a party vibe. Sure, I understand that the straight up sexy antics for the games etc around the Sexy Pool have changed for the more bland, less risque' sort... But it is the only place we've ever been (not including the Desires or Hedos , to which we've not been) where there is so many boobies out, tiny micro thongs on, and people having such an obvious "fun" time.

Nighttime parties at Bash, the last two trips, have been "better," in the sense of having fun and sexy times. It's Bash's layout itself which sort of causes some of the initial shortcomings... but the people can bring the party vibe in there just like the old times.

I grant you this though, it's a helluva lot more expensive than it used to be. But, that merely is bringing it into line with many of the other Cancun hotel resorts. For example the Westin-Cancun, which isn't even all-inclusive, is usually more expensive than TTR, just as one particular one.

I do wish that I could still get a week, with flights included, for ~$1400 USD as I did our first trip!

7. SEVEN

SEVEN Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +41 / 0
    ARE THE POOL GAMES THAT IMPORTANT?... LOL... asking for a friend... When you have plans to be topless in the sun, drinking cocktails, doing countless body rolls to the music, with a side of fondling your man every 5 minutes the pool games seem pretty abysmal to me... See you all in May... :p:p:p:marshe::marshe::marshe:

8. Chris and April

Chris and April Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +255 / 0
    We use to get a week with non stop flights included for between $900 and $1200 depending on what month..and 1 time got it for $848. Those days are long gone.

9. Garry n Jo

Garry n Jo Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +677 / 9
    Compaired to the old pool game hell yes they are. Now they are just like every other resort lame lame lame.

10. SharonTerry

SharonTerry Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +373 / 0
    I agree, I think that if you've never been to the resort before the reno, you will love it! We had 8 trips before the reno and 2 trips after the reno so we couldn't help but compare. We absolutely loved the old TTR, we tried the new place, even gave it a second chance but just not the same. We tried Desire when TTR was closed for the reno and fell in love with that place so that's our go to now.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice