Quick and dirty TR May 17-24

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by Jim and Kathy in Ohio, May 27, 2008.

1. Jim and Kathy in Ohio

Jim and Kathy in Ohio Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    For those that know me (Jim), annual premier repeaters since 2002.

First impressions of renovations: looks ok.

Rooms - New paint, columns in rooms gone, no drawers for clothes storage, cooler with sodas and beer, VIZIO TV, LOTS of S&M on channel 12 – it got pretty weird.

Restraunts – reservation system for ala carte restaurants sucks, New Margaritas too hot at lunch time to enjoy the meal, poor planning on someone’s part – did not try dinner at Margaritas, see comment above re reservations. Asian and Italian still very good, the sexy coffee is back at the italian – yea. Buffet great for breakfast, decent for lunch, and still just as bad at dinnertime.

Staff – still excellent from the maids, waiters, and bartenders, to the cast. Funny thing I noticed though: about the only ones who don’t look you in the eye and say hello, are the suits and skirts…… Some new tenders at Diego’s with Danny, but by the end of the week we had them smiling.

Patty O’s – new layout is very accommodating for guests, two floor waiters most nights. The music sucks, techno boob boom boom crap, they had a disco night with a dj who managed to keep the booms going nonstop - very talented. Every night at 11pm the guy shuts off the video projector – I guess it keeps the guests awake that have rooms around the bar (like the bar noise isn’t enough).

Nice Shoes – terrible layout, lousy air conditioning, and more techno music, plus you have to share the bar with the alternative. During the one dance show I had the spot light in my eyes for an entire dance - That sucked. I don’t understand why they didn’t put the stage in the middle, surrounded by short tables, then the taller, longer tables that way every seat would be a decent seat. Nighttime shows and games were average at best even with good participation.

Pools: New chairs, and more of them – better. Same old chanting monks music in the morning before 10am.

Went to Isla Mujeres. – Advice – don’t rent the golf carts from the guy on the ferry, wait until you get to shore. Their “spot” is 4 blocks from the port, so you have to walk when returning. 2nd bit of advice, don’t rent any golf carts, the trip around the island is pretty boring, except for the damn speed bumps. 3rd bit of advice eat, drink and shop while there, the prices are much better than Cancun. Corrolas at the bar by the dock were only $2.00 each, Nacho plate for $5.00 fed all four of us.

Premier Club – managed to stay away the entire trip - yea. That’s a first.

Overall even though I sound negative, I received what I expected and had a very good vacation. Can’t wait til next year.

Jim

2. Jamie

Jamie Mayor of Temptation Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,168 / 5
    Pretty good for a Q&D but I agree with about 90-95% so something must be wrong. :wink:

Jamie

3. FirmandSuz

FirmandSuz Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +49 / 0
    My only complaint is that we traveled from NJ all the way to Cancun, go into the Chinese Restaurant where there are only about 20 people and some guy in there had the same shirt on that I did!! :huh:

4. Gone South

Gone South Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +105 / 0
    I also have to agree with most of what you said but for the people reading this DO NOT BECOME DISCOURAGED. If you are looking for pampering this may not be the place for you.
    I have stayed at Aventura palace which is 5 star but I would go BACK to Temptation Resort in a minute.
    If you do not have fun at this resort LOOK IN THE MIRROR AND ASK YOURSELF, AM I BORING?
    We met some great people and had loads of fun.

5. FirmandSuz

FirmandSuz Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +49 / 0
    So - you agreed with everything except that the S&M on channel 12 was weird. :wink:

6. NormsKid

NormsKid Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hola mi amigo!

I knew I could count on you to tell it like you saw it. Preciate the honesty! It tis what it tis...

BTW...did you rent the Harley this time? Tell Kathy I said hola....

Michelle

7. glenn/monique

glenn/monique Titties n Beer Registered Member

Ratings:
    +423 / 1
    I personally like some of the changes and even the techno music to a point. I was disappointed in Nice Shoes playing too much older music but I sucked it up and danced anyways. I was definitely disappointed with the nice shoes layout and having to constantly peel my ass off the bar stools. Bartenders although not my favorite ones served up great rainbow shots but, really screwed up my komakazies to the point I no longer want them. Lol I guess I need to change my saying to rainbow shot with me the leparcon has the pot. All in all Glenn and I had a great time. Fun with friends, great horseshoes, fanstatic volleyball and we made our own channel twelve. Awsome angles hahaha

8. icecube88

icecube88 I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +910 / 0
    IT's great to hear everyone had a great time... :lol:

9. Jamie

Jamie Mayor of Temptation Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,168 / 5
    Hell... I was talking notes... :roll:

Jamie

10. welshgirl

welshgirl Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanks for your trip report!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice