Questions Re Grand Miches/miches

Discussion in 'Temptation Miches Grand' started by jeny917, Mar 5, 2023.

1. jeny917

jeny917 Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hello,
    I’m sure the answers are in here, but…

1. How far is the walk from grand Miches to Miches? How do they know to allow you to enter and how do the prevent movement in the other direction?

2. Are both clubs all inclusive? What’s the quality of the alcohol?

3. How are the gyms?

4. Do both clubs have beach access? Is it close to the beach? I don’t see any beach view rooms…

5. What the average age of the people at the clubs?

6. How many singles are at Miches?

7. Which club should a couple in their 40’s go to?

8. Are both clubs brand new? Which one is nicer?

2. Indythrasher

Indythrasher Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +34 / 0
    1. I suppose it depends how far your room is away from the walkway, but the coffee shop probably a 5-10 walk. It’s pretty close. There is a bridge with a gate and a guard looking at wristbands.

2. yes both resorts are all inclusive. If you stay at Grand you can eat and drink at both.

3. Sorry didn’t attend the gyms

4. there are no beach views at Grand, and I don’t think there are at Temptation, although it is a short distance. There is a line of trees that block the view. I’m wondering if that was a Dominican restriction because of nudity, but I’m not sure.

5. Temptation, in general, was a younger crowd. Mostly 20’s & 30’s. Grand was more 40’s & 50’s. But that’s just average ages. There’s are all ages at both.

6. Not sure because when we went it was limited capacity, but I’d say there have been numerous birthday and bachelorette parties in Cancun recently, so my assumption is that there will be singles in Miches too.

7. I prefer Grand, but that’s personal. Even though we’re not in the lifestyle, we feel like we mesh more with the couples here. (Grand is couples only and caters more to lifestyle in case you didn’t know). The food is better and you have access to both resorts. Temptation is less expensive and much larger with more party decor.

8. Both resorts were built at the same time, opened about a year ago. They has some construction challenges and a delayed opening after a hurricane came through. You will see evidence of rushed workmanship at both resorts.

As far as which one is nicer, that’s a personal preference. I like Grand better. To me it’s more upscale and even though it’s new and contemporary, it has a warmer feel.

I would suggest if you want to try them both and price isn’t an issue, stay at Grand so you can have access to both. Have fun!

• Informative Informative x 2
    • List
  3. Cheers2US

Cheers2US Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +613 / 2

I have my own set of questions, but rather than starting a new thread, I hope it would be OK to piggyback on to this one. (I'm going to add footnotes at the end)

• How has capacity been recently? I've seen trip reports stating ~30%
    • How was theme night participation?
    • How is the English proficiency of staff members? (1)
    • Are most guests from US/UK/Canada? Have you seen guests from other parts of the world? (2)
    • Is the "selfie"/Instagram/Facetime behavior we see at Temptation Cancun also at Temptation Miches?
    • Is the tipping like at Cancun? Can you tip in US dollars? (3)
    • Is the air-conditioning good throughout the resort? (4)
    • Is wi-fi free? Is the signal strong? Can you use multiple devices?
    • Do the rooms have a good amount of electrical outlets? Are they the kind the US uses?
    • What channels are offered on the TV?
    • Is smoking/vaping allowed on the beach? (or any areas) (5)
    • For those of you that are NOT Premier, how was the experience? Did you feel treated as a valuable guest? (6)
    • Is there anything to see/do outside of the resort within walking distance? Is there a mall we can walk to, e.g. ?
    • For US travelers, did you have to notify your mobile company or upgrade/modify your international plan? (7)
    • Are there vendors walking the beach? Do locals use the beach?
    • Is there a Boobs Cruise or something similar?
    • Do they have the same kinky drinks, specifically "Wet P*$$y" and "B10w j0bs" ?
    Footnotes (I didn't want to clog the list with extra words)
    1. I've read reviews that said several staff members didn't speak English well. I don't ask this as a criticism. It's more to let me know if I should brush up more on my Spanish
    2. On our first few visits to Temptation Cancun and Desire, we met guests from all over the world: Argentina, Brazil, India, Germany, Switzerland, Panama, Saudi Arabia, South Korea... to name a few. On more recent trips, it was mostly Americans and Canadians (this is not a complaint: I love Americans and Canadians!) I know this is partly due to the COVID-19 pandemic travel restrictions. Just wondering if it's an international crowd again.
    3. I don't mind tipping. However, at Hedonism in Jamaica, it was nice to not have to tip (they actually discourage it; if it's done, it has to be discreet) I know it's encouraged in Cancun, just wondered how it is in DR
    4. Was at Krystal Cancun a few weeks ago. Great A/C in the rooms, but horrible in the lobby. Everyone was sweating like crazy. Felt so bad for the staff. Similarly, A/C was bad at Hedo in the lobby and the main restaurant. A/C was always good at TTR and Desire Cancun.
    5. I don't smoke or vape. My husband occasionally likes a cigar on the beach. Not my thing, but I thought I'd ask for others interested.
    6. We are not Premier. We have found, over the years, that we are treated less and less as a valued guest at both TTR and Desire. Fewer places to sit, fewer choices on the menu, etc
    7. We have T-mobile and before that, we had Verizon. It has never been a problem traveling to Mexico. Didn't have to upgrade or notify them as Mexico is included so our calls, texts and data were all at the same rate, automatically.

4. ash09

ash09 Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +88 / 0
    Alcohol brands available at Miches are not as varied as Cancun, likely due to the challenges of importing to an island vs. down the same continent. Take vodka: the “top shelf” brands I recognized were Absolut and Stoli, no Grey Goose or anything more premium in sight.

That said, give the local Dominican alcohol brands a fair shot. K and I both really enjoyed the local Dominican rum brand, Barcelo, which we found to be very smooth and tasty in rum and cokes and pina coladas. One of the bartenders at the Grand pool bar also gave us a shot of Mamajuana, which is “very sweet and very strong”. THIS is the stuff that will (to borrow from the very first timeshare salesperson at Cancun) “first, make your nipples pop, second, put hair on your chest, and third, make your man’s dick go UP!”

Yes, both access the beach directly. There's no wall or line in the sand (literally) demarcating which beach belongs to which resort, so you can intermingle at the beach area. It's maybe a 5 min walk at most from the furthest side of the pool at Grand, and like...3 mins at most from the Quiet Pool at TMR.

Honestly did not see that many singles at either resort when we went in May. Likely due to the new factor and the distance factor, but predominantly couples.

5. ash09

Ratings:
    +88 / 0
    Maybe a little less percentage wise than Cancun, so more 40-50% , instead of 50-60%. However, the lower #s that we saw in May makes that seem even starker - if 30 people show up and only about a dozen are wearing costumes...

Front desk staff and butlers are pretty good. This can be hit or miss for bartenders, servers, housekeepers, etc. For straightforward requests, like “rum and coke”, they’re on the ball and got you. For something slightly more complex, like “can I have a bowl of rice (in addition to my entree)”, K had to serve as my translator, using the Spanish he remembered from high school and jobs from years ago.

Surprisingly, a majority of the weekend guests are actually local Dominicans. Otherwise, mostly North American guests when we were there.

Real talk for a minute here: that selfie/IG/Facetime behavior is now society's normal state. I see it when I'm grocery shopping at home, when I'm at the local park at home - it's not limited to just being on vacation, regardless of which Temptation resort you're at.

I Googled tipping in DR all inclusive resorts before we left, and it's basically the same as all inclusive in Mexico. Yes, you can tip in USD, the staff are appreciative and will most definitely remember you if you tip.

Room A/C was on point in 90 degree weather with 90% humidity. Grand is a series of standalone buildings, so when you walk between buildings, you're outside. The A/C was generally pretty good, but a lot of the big doors are left open. For example, regular Miches, the lobby doors upstairs and downstairs open and close pretty frequently, so the A/C struggles a little more there with the constant influx of new hot air.

Yes, it's free, and there's no restriction on how many devices you can load in. Signal will vary depending on your proximity to a router. In our room at Grand, we figured out that the bathroom had no wifi or cell service, but everywhere else in our room was great!

Eh, I always think there could be more outlets in the room itself. Some of them may or may not be working due to rushed construction though. Yes, they're the US style of outlets, no adapters needed.

Lol, our butler made a point of telling us about the p*rn channels. Interestingly, KTLA and some other city/regional networks, a lot of Spanish language networks, very similar to Cancun overall. Bring your own device and cord if you want to stream something though. We didn't really watch a lot of TV, despite K trying real hard to find the NBA Playoffs while we were there.

Not so much "allowed" as no one will police you or stop you. K vaped around the resort and beach and no one said anything. For cigars and cigarettes, as an asthmatic, please be aware of the direction of the wind so your smoke doesn't blow into anyone else's lungs, thanks!

Depends on your service. K has Google Fi, which is international coverage included. I have AT&T and had to set up the International Day Pass up, but I only ended up getting texts that triggered the day pass charges for like 4 out of the 8 days that my phone was international. I just turned off data roaming in settings, so that only voice calls and SMS could come in. Same as T-Mobile, Mexico and Canada are included in AT&T's plans, so I never have an issue going to Cancun.

It's a really quiet beach. Definitely no vendors or "vendors" as is the case in Cancun. Locals can use the beach, as it is technically open to the public, but Miches itself isn't know for being a touristy place until the opening of the 2 Temptation resorts and a Club Med somewhere else in the town.

Definitely not in Miches. You may have better luck if staying at a Punta Cana resort. I think the Boobs Cruise is unique to Cancun though.

6. Cheers2US

Ratings:
    +613 / 2
    Thank you for your answers!

Yes, but a lot of the appeal of Temptation and Desire (for me at least) was the ability to be free topless/naked and not worry about other guests taking photos or videos with you in them. I remember how assured I felt at check-in when the hotel staff would tell me that photos/videos were not permitted unless it was strictly of you/your partner. So I asked that question to see if the Miches resorts were strict in that sense.

Another question for anyone who has been to Temptation Grand: Were there moments you preferred the Temptation (non-Grand) side? Theme nights, restaurants, pool, activities etc? I guess I'm worried a little about FOMO ("fear of missing out") where we'll be at the pool or watching the show when there's a better party at the other pool or a better show on the other side.

7. ash09

Ratings:
    +88 / 0
    100%. K and I much preferred the Rain breakfast buffet at regular Miches; the Grand breakfast buffet wasn't doing it for us. Same with the pool and the playmakers at Miches were better than the ones at Grand.

The one thing about Grand that we enjoyed was the jacuzzi hot tub pool. It's very comfortable after the mid-afternoon rainstorms and you're running through the resort mostly naked in the tropical rain lol. And our room in Grand was quite nice - really enjoyed the extra space and nice comfy couch, both the indoors and patio one.

I wrote a post in excruciating detail about the pros/cons from my POV on both resorts: Tgm + Tmr - May 2023 Impressions

8. Cheers2US

Ratings:
    +613 / 2
    Saw this review on Expedia.... Is it true they will make you leave the resort even if your flight is later?

[​IMG]

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice