Questions Questions Questions...who What Where When Why

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by Headstone, May 22, 2019.

1. bjayne33

bjayne33 Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +293 / 0
    Alright let’s detour from the pants conversation. Probably an unpopular opinion, but why do I need to bring alcohol to an AI resort? Is it mostly just for party hosting? Also, what’s a must pack item that can be shared? Alcohol infused WhipCream sounds like a popular item.

Last edited: Dec 18, 2019
  2. LEMO

LEMO Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +353 / 0
    Sometimes it’s nice to have drinks available in the room when it’s not convenient to head down to one of the bars.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  3. Lindilou

Lindilou Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +928 / 1
    Clothes, condoms, wives... OOPS did I say that?!! :eek:
    Tried the 2 first ones and it's a funny conversation starter!
    The 3rd... we've heard it was...interesting! ;)

4. bjayne33

bjayne33 Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +293 / 0
    Going to be honest, was completely expecting this response as soon as I hit post. Hope the shared condoms are unused. o_O

But seriously, what’s an awesome party favor that stands out that someone brought before? We like to do Jell-O shots with pop rocks (crazy good if you’ve never tried it) as an ice breaker, but that ain’t happening out of a Resort room!

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  5. Lindilou

Ratings:
    +928 / 1
    Funny we've done pop rocks and it does bring back teen memories! Can surely be done on a room crawl...which can be as tame as shots and small games or as wild as toy exange!
    You can plan on anything and there will be someone that will want to either share or participate. That's what's so great about this place... People share and jump in!

6. ScubaSteve

ScubaSteve CCC's The Dude Registered Member

Ratings:
    +6,163 / 7
    Obviously this one goes around and around, and it is a little hard to lock down exact rules, and then define what would be up-scale/dressed up attire. I agree I like finesse as well. But I think the extremes are where we get in trouble with this. Burger King vrs. Surf and Turf and Tank top/surf shorts vrs. button-down. There is a middle ground.

But like you said you are looking for a "Sharp dress code". I thought they were on to something when the tower fist opened, because the dress code was listed like "Smart Casual" and "Sensual Sophisticated". Which I believe a person should be able to semi-understand, and then go from there. But they had to get more specific and dumb it down to "Long pants, collared shirt with sleeves and closed shoes are required"...which still confuses people cause they think they need long sleeves, when it be easier to say "a shirt with buttons", or something along those lines.

To me it's all a hot stupid mess, and one of the only things that "gets" to me about the resort. Cause I believe you can fix it easily on one sheet of paper and hand it to the guests when they check in. It would contain some basic examples for men, and then they should provide a little bit of training to the host/hostesses to enforce. It's not rocket science.

Cause right now this look is meets the requirements, and is acceptable in all restaurants (and I have seen 100% saw it unchecked multiple times.)

upload_2019-12-19_10-51-46.png

And this look, basically what I like to wear (not sure why half his shirt is un-tucked though, haha) was turned down. And to me that's crazy. (but Jay Z has pants on...what an effort for his lady)

upload_2019-12-19_10-57-23.png

Which one do you think is more acceptable for a nice dinner in Cancun???!!!!

Last edited: Dec 19, 2019
  7. Restling

Restling I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,627 / 4

Exactly. When you try and define things without great definition, then you end up with the mess they have. A guy was turned away for wearing shorts, and went back to his room, and put on his wife's tights, and was accepted.

They should want people to look nice, and not be so afraid of someone's knee cap.

8. matchandherbetterhalf

matchandherbetterhalf I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +3,027 / 4
    Don't be so sure you can't make Jell-O shots in your room! I used to see people post that they made Jell-O shots at the old resort with the kind of drip coffee makers that used to be in the rooms. All you need is something that boils water and fetch some ice from the bar. You could pack a mini electric kettle if you were really motivated to make Jell-O shots. :D

9. FakeNewsTeam

FakeNewsTeam It's a matter of time, but time is all we have! Registered Member

Ratings:
    +4,598 / 13
    They could fix the dress code my redefining the resort as a mandatory fully nakid EVERYWHERE and AT ALL TIMES!
    Seems like there would be no interpretation issues at all, don't you think ???
    Just think, much less luggage!
    One set of clothes for the trip down and back.
    Of course I jest.
    Point is that we are all different and have different opinions about just about everything to some extent.
    And I take exception to @ScubaSteve ’s comment that it ain’t rocket science...with respect to simplicity.
    It may not be, but this topic and many others regarding human opinions is much more complicated...and has no black it white answer...it is always gray!

10. Lindilou

Ratings:
    +928 / 1
    He wasn't going to dinner, he just got out of a room where there was a hell of a party and didn't have time to finish dressing up or fix his hair for that matter!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice