Questions from a newbie

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by GusNSara, May 1, 2008.

1. GusNSara

GusNSara Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    First....is there any sort of dress code for the ala carte restaurants at Temptations? I see on the website it says no open toed sandals for guys....but are they required to wear long pants?
    :lol:

Second question is, we havent booked any "excursions" , we were told it might be better to do that when we get down there and choose them on the days we "feel"like doing em, rather than schedule in advance. Do you think thats a good idea? Anyone know how much it is to rent a jetski and if its close by? :!:

Third- Ive seen some bad reviews lately about the beach and how its dirty and seaweedy and not the pretty blue like the rest of cancun. Is that true?

Fourth....I CANNOT WAIT TO LEAVE!! ANYONE ELSE?!?! :D :D :D
    We leave in 2 weeks and we're starting to make our "to bring" list!! I cannot WAIT! This Minnesota cold is driving me insane :)

xoxo
    Sara

2. wendy1230

wendy1230 Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi guys, we just got back this past Sunday and had a blast.

Answers to your questions, the guys must wear long pants and no sandals to the restaurants and get in line early to make reservations if you want a specific time.

You can book all of your excursions right at the hotel so I would just wait and do it there depending on weather and hang overs!! We rented jet ski's right by the hotel on the beach, paid $40 for 1/2 hour which was plenty long enough.

The beach is not dirty, not clear blue water, but it's ok. Who needs the beach when you have the sexy pool though!!!

Hope this helped, have a great time!

3. heather

heather Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    We were there in early April and my husband only wore long pants to the Italian restaurant. Dress shorts and sandals are perfectly fine for the other restaurants. Some diners even had jeans on.

As for the beach the water is pretty, but it's hell trying to get to it because the beach is muddy and rocky when you first enter. In two trips I have laid out on the beach once. Trust me you won't want to leave the sexy pool area! Have fun!

4. jerry's jules

jerry's jules Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Just like Heather, my husband only took one pair of long pants and only wore them to the Italian restaurant. Shorts and sandals the rest of the time.

I only went down by the water once to have a picture taken. As soon as I got past the rocks, I thought I was being pulled down by quicksand. Seriously, I thought my flipflops were gone forever. With my husband's help, I managed to get unstuck and save the flipflops as well. It made for a good laugh and some funny pictures my friend took during the process. :lol:

5. NormsKid

NormsKid Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    You can book a tour whenever you like. The benefit of booking through Entertainment plus is that you get the discount by booking in advance and you ALSO can re-schedule at a later date if you need to without loosing your money.

If you could care less about a discount, then pay whatever, whenever.

As for a long pants requirement, I've never heard of that. Doesn't mean they haven't changed things and now require it. Dress shorts were always fine when I was a regular.

Michelle

6. B and T

B and T Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Bring a pair of closed toe shoes. I watched probably a dozen men (including myself) be asked to go change their sandals when we ate at the Chinese restaurant. I think there were guys wearing shorts though. As far as women, open toed sandals were no problem.

7. fbjr1

fbjr1 I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +35 / 0
    i have always worn dress shorts with a Nice collared shirt and top siders to all the resturants. i think the dress shirt instead of a t-shirt makes the difference on weather they pick on you for wearing shorts or not.

8. Tequila Texans

Tequila Texans Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I was there April 23-27 with a group of 18. All of the specialty resurants require long pants and NO FLIP FLOPS. They don't seem to enforce the long pants yet but definitely will not let you in with flip flops even if they are dressy leather ones. Reservations start at 10:00 a.m. but you need to be there earlier, especially if you have a large party.

Definitely book your excursions thru the resort. It is simple and does not take away your time at the Sexy Pool.

The beach is much rockier than usual and has quite a bit of seaweed washing up this time of year. But I agree, "who needs the beach when you have the sexy pool". However, the sand at the volleyball court is still perfect.

I have been here many times and am very happy with the changes that have been made. I am sure you will have a great time.

9. Tequila Texans

Tequila Texans Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I was there April 23-27 with a group of 18. All of the specialty resurants require long pants and NO FLIP FLOPS. They don't seem to enforce the long pants yet but definitely will not let you in with flip flops even if they are dressy leather ones. Dress sandals are fine as long as they cover your toes. Reservations start at 10:00 a.m. but you need to be there earlier, especially if you have a large party.

Definitely book your excursions thru the resort. It is simple and does not take away your time at the Sexy Pool.

The beach is much rockier than usual and has quite a bit of seaweed washing up this time of year. But I agree, "who needs the beach when you have the sexy pool". However, the sand at the volleyball court is still perfect.

I have been here many times and am very happy with the changes that have been made. I am sure you will have a great time.

10. Bethy

Bethy Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hey, what are friends for? The other people on th beach found it quite funny too!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice