questions for Grand Oasis/Oasis experts & recent visitor

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by Luvmx309, Mar 14, 2009.

1. Luvmx309

Luvmx309 Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    My hubby and I are booked at Grand Oasis, and our 18 yr old son and his friend will also be there in a different room. Have been to Cancun many times and picked the Grand so the boys can get their spring break party on at the Oasis and we can have some peace if need be. I have a bunch of questions so here goes...thanks to any help you can give.

Does the Up & Down Disco have people in it every night or only on Thurs. night for the foam party? Do they even still have the foam party anymore? Is there anywhere to party at night at the regular Oasis or does everyone go to the clubs with the hotel staff at night? Are people still swimming in the ocean at Oasis or are there too many rocks to find a place to swim? Did you have to show a credit card at check-in even if your trip was already prepaid?(I always read that on my paperwork but have never actually had to do it) Do you think they will charge the 2 boys the $27 spring break charge even though they are with us? Will they still have contests, etc. going on Mar. 21-28 at the Oasis?

Thanks!

2. cc_matt

cc_matt Regular Registered Member

Belleville Michigan Freezing my ass off!!!
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    bump* can somebody answer this for them please. These are some good questions

3. EngineerGuy

EngineerGuy I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    As far as I know up and down is still open, but rarely used! If they are wanting to have fun, send them down to the party center near the hard rock!! As for the ocean, most people do the pool, but the ocean is still used as well. If the boys are under your reservation they likely will not have to pay the 27.00 security deposite, if not they will! I never had to show a credit card while staying there either, I would imagine you are fine on that, but you never know with them lol. There will still be a LOT going on down there, LOTS of spring breaks, so tell your kid to hold on tight, he is about to have the best time of his life!

4. hw711

hw711 Moderator/Dance Machine Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Re: questions for Grand Oasis/Oasis experts & recent vis

Some people hang out at regular Oasis lobby bar at night but most people go out. You can swim in the ocean but only in a very narrow zone (maybe 50 feet wide), if you go out of that zone, lifeguard will whistle at you. My friends who stayed at Grand told me they checked in without giving any credit card. And yes, people under 27 will need to pay the non refundable $27 insurance regardless of who they are with. Not sure what kind of event will be at Oasis the last week of March. I think Student City is there all the time so they should be contests going on.

5. hw711

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Lara had to pay even though she was "under BC's supervision."

6. EngineerGuy

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    BC isnt over 27 now is he? :lol: Although if they have their own room.......they might! Interesting. Still funny how BC and Lara worked that out......... good times!

7. hw711

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    BC didn't need to pay so he must be over 27. Not only they shared a room, they had only a king bed. LOL.

8. EngineerGuy

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    :shock: :shock: wow wonder how that worked out hahaha

9. Fletch

Fletch Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Giggity

10. rockrgrrrl

rockrgrrrl I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    haha no doubt she was "under his supervision" if they were sharing a bed.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice